7 Dog-Friendly Companies Hiring Now!
In honor of National Puppy Day this past Saturday, we decided to showcase these seven dog-friendly companies that are making sure their employees never have to leave their furry friends home alone all day.
And it's not only dog-owners that stand to benefit: given that the General Social Survey of 2016 found that 50 percent of respondents are consistently exhausted because of work (compared with 18 percent two decades ago), having a few cute dogs on staff couldn't hurt.
Numerous studies have shown that dogs can relieve our stress and enhance our mood; plus, in an age where we struggle to disconnect from our phones and computers, dogs can help us feel more social and connected.
So take a look at these companies and their open roles - you just might find yourself (and your dog) the job of your dreams!
What They Do: Philo is a small, ambitious startup building the future of television. Their product lets you watch your favorite shows on all the devices you care about, with intelligent search, insightful discovery, and effortless sharing.
Why We Like Them: Philo is a people-first company, and they believe that a diverse set of voices and perspectives is key to building the best product for their customers.
- Full health, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible working hours
- Generous paid parental leave
- Unlimited paid time off for vacation and sick leave
- $2000 annual vacation bonus
- $5000 annually for professional development and educational assistance
- $500 "TV stipend" for new employees to upgrade their home watching setup
Meet Boomer, uShip's "Chief Executive Pawfficer"
Learn More About uShip's puppy culture here.
What They Do: uShip.com is the world's first and largest shipping marketplace. They're "an Internet company focused on solving a real-world problem and having loads (pun intended) of fun along the way."
Why We Like Them: In their words, "Located across from downtown Austin, Texas, we're proud to say that we do our share to 'Keep Austin Weird.' We welcome diversity in all its forms, and believe we're better collaborators, strategizers, and thinkers because of it."
- Paid holidays and open vacation policy
- 100% paid maternity and paternity leave
- 100% paid medical, dental, and life insurance available for employee only
- Flexible spending/health savings accounts available, including dependent care
- Maternity Suite
- 401(k) with a generous company match
- Stock options
- uShip shipping credit
- Pet insurance
- Free parking or "green" commute credits
- Corporate discounts on gym memberships, hotels, and more
- In-house chef and free daily lunches
- & More!
Meet more of the dogs of Intent here.
What They Do: Intent uses predictive analytics to help travel brands maximize revenue per visitor. Sophisticated machine learning capabilities — trained and fine tuned for years — enable them to serve ads and conversion-boosting user experiences based on a unique understanding of where a given user is in the shopping journey.
Why We Like Them: Named one of Crain's top 100 places to work in NYC for 7 years running, Intent is "building the company we've always wanted to work for — one that's open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done."
- Unlimited Vacation - There's no cap on the amount of leave you can take, but they suggest you take at least three-weeks per year
- Learning Budget - They'll reimburse you up to $2,000 towards the cost of any courses, seminars, or books you need.
- Citi Bike Membership
- Sherpaa - Message, talk, or video chat with one of Sherpaa's doctors anytime from anywhere.
- Stock Options
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life and AD&D Insurance
- 16 weeks of paid parental leave for primary caregiver and an onsite New Mother's room
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- & More!
Meet Ash, a key member of the Alloy Team: https://alloy.co/team/
What They Do: Alloy is the smart identity solution for the financial services industry. They help companies in financial services and other regulated industries safely onboard more "good" customers without introducing any additional fraud into their systems.
Why We Like Them: They're building and growing their thirteen-person team and are actively seeking to "diversify in terms of people, thought, and perspective." And, as the fourteenth member of their team, you'll have the opportunity to make your own mark on the culture (in their words, "you can help us set the agenda for what benefits we do and don't offer").
- Health and dental benefits for you and your family
- Very flexible work hours and work from home options
- Relocation pay - if you need to move to NYC, we'll pay to make it happen
- Open vacation policy, and we actually mean it. Take some time off!
- Generous family leave options and support in returning to work
- & More!
What They Do: Justworks is the simplest way for growing businesses to pay people and offer rich benefits. Their comprehensive platform automates benefits, payroll, HR and government paperwork.
Why We Like Them: Justworks' vision is for all identities, backgrounds, and expressions to be represented in the workplace. They're building the foundation for long-term success and intend to cultivate a safe, collaborative and inclusive space and company culture. And they want you to be you.
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Unlimited snacks
- Save on commuter benefits,
- Free CitiBike membership and discounted access to NY Health & Racquet Club and NYSC
- Monthly learning and development opportunities
- & More!
What They Do: PAX Labs is an award-winning consumer technology brand that supports responsible, adult use of cannabis. Their products represent the gold standard in product quality and they aim to move the space beyond unfortunate stereotypes of cannabis users.
Why We Like Them: The PAX Labs team is building a brand that they and their families can be proud of which includes an internal culture of respect, empathy, and accountability.
- Competitive compensation, equity & bi-annual performance reviews
- Fully funded comprehensive medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401K plan
- Parental Leave
- Monthly wellness reimbursement
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Employee Purchase Program for discounted PAX devices
- Weekly catered lunch, endless snacks, and beverages
What They Do: Cisco Meraki creates 100% cloud managed IT that simply works.
Why We Like Them: They believe that healthy employees are happy employees, and they prioritize their employees' well-being by providing great benefits.
- Daily catered lunch that's delicious, gourmet, and free
- Kitchens stocked with healthy (and unhealthy) snacks
- Onsite gym with weekly fitness and yoga classes
- Weekly farmer's market produce delivery
- Cycling and climbing clubs
- Paid time off to volunteer and give back to the community
- Excellent medical, dental, and vision insurance (and matching 401k for your financial health)
If you are a skilled tech professional working as a Software Engineer, Product Manager, UX Researcher or Compliance Project Manager and you would like to attend this virtual event, please email your name and LinkedIn URL to firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for an invite.
Join Microsoft and PowerToFly for an intimate virtual event to hear from a panel of business and technology leaders from the Microsoft Azure AI Platform organization who will discuss their career journeys, dive deeper into current projects and answer your questions.
This special virtual gathering will be hosted on Microsoft Teams on Thursday, April 23rd from 3:00 PM PT to 4:30 PM PT (6:00 PM ET to 7:30 PM ET).
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 3:00 PM PT - Kick-Off from PowerToFly
- 3:05 PM PT - Keynote address by Microsoft's Maria Alvarez, GM - AI Platform - Cloud + AI Division
- 3:15 PM PT - Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A featuring Microsoft Leaders
- 4:30 PM PT - Event concludes
I've been thinking about women's ingenuity a lot recently; after all, crises like the one we're facing now fuel innovation. They especially fuel innovation from those who are on the frontlines, in desperate need of solutions.
She’s Paving the Way for Women in Cybersecurity: How She Went from First-Generation College Student to IT Leader
A Conversation with Freddie Mac's Stephanie Johnson
When Stephanie Johnson, currently an Information Security Manager at Freddie Mac, was just starting her career as an IT professional, she found herself sitting in her car one night after work asking herself, "Why am I not being heard? Should I adjust my tone? Posture? What I'm saying?"
For when you can't read one more bad-news story.
I would never argue that the novel coronavirus is a good thing. COVID-19 has or will cause many deaths, a long-lasting global economic slowdown, and rampant general stress and anxiety.
As schools across the nation close, and the majority of businesses mandate remote work, working parents are now faced with the ultimate challenge - how to balance their families and jobs under one roof while COVID-19 still remains a concern.
PowerToFly is bringing thought-leading professionals (and working moms!) to speak about balancing our new realities and how to best optimize your time at home. In this panel, we'll discuss maneuvering the difficulties of working from home from taking conference calls to juggle homeschooling/ childcare.
Don't feel the pressure, your children, partner and pets are welcome to join this virtual chat!
Join us for this live Q&A to learn new tips, strategies, and hear personal anecdotes from our panelists that have shaped these women into the incredible founders and mothers they are today. You will have the opportunity to ask questions during our free, virtual conversation and have the chance to snag a giveaway sponsored by PowerToFly and our panelists!
Meet the Panelists:
Christine Michel Carter, Creator of Mompreneur and Me
Featured in The New York Times and The Washington Post, Christine Michel Carter is the #1 global voice for working moms. Christine clarifies misconceptions about working mom consumers for brands and serves as an amplifier of their personal truths.
Mary Beth Ferrante, Co-Founder & CEO of WRK/360
Mary Beth Ferrante is a mom of two and advocate for creating inclusive workplaces for parents. She is the Co-Founder & CEO of WRK/360, a career development platform designed for working parents and managers to help companies support, retain and recruit working parents. In addition, she is a senior contributor for Forbes and her work has been featured in Today, Thrive Global, Working Mother, FairyGodBoss, ScaryMommy, and other leading publishers.
Amy Henderson, Founding CEO of TendLab
Amy Henderson is the founding CEO of TendLab, a consultancy addressing the challenges and opportunities parenthood brings into the workplace. TendLab's research-based approach reveals how parenthood can unlock career-critical skills--such as resiliency, courage, and the ability to collaborate--skills which are especially important during this COVID-19 pandemic.