Exclusive Drinks and Networking with Women Tech Leaders
This is an invite-only event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the invitation if you think this event would be a good fit for your skill set.
Save the date! PowerToFly is excited to introduce you to women tech leaders at some of New York's most exciting companies. You will hear how these female leaders and their teams are building inclusive environments and innovative tech products. We'll end the evening with an opportunity for you to network with additional women in tech over cocktails and light food.
Panelists & Featured Guests include (Subject to Change):
- Doa Jafri, Director of Engineering, Thrive Global
- Bahar Shah, Senior Software Engineer, Bluecore
- Mahmoud Arram, CTO & CoFounder, Bluecore
- Bavitha Sokhi, Senior Software Engineer, Stash Invest
We will be announcing a full lineup of speakers and participating companies shortly. Stay tuned!
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 6:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
- 6:30pm - Event Kickoff with Rise New York (The NYC chapter of a global network that brings together the best and brightest start-ups and experts to create the future of financial services)
- 6:35pm - Introductory Remarks by Milena Berry, PowerToFly's CEO
- 6:40pm - Panel on How To Rise as a Woman in Tech featuring female leaders including Doa Jari, Director of Engineering, Thrive Global; Bahar Shah, Software Engineer, Bluecore; Bavitha Sokhi, Senior Software Engineer, Stash Invest; moderated by Milena Berry
- 7:00pm - Audience Q&A
- 7:20pm - Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
The event will be held on April 12th from 6pm to 8pm at Rise New York, located at 43 W. 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010.
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Create Your Free Profile on PowerToFly.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to that particular event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.
Dorra Bouchiha can remember the exact moment she realized she wasn't in control of her own career.
It was summer 2018, and she was sitting at work, watching a presentation by one of her then-employer's new leaders. The presenter was talking about personal growth and showed the room a slide of two images side by side.
Growing Your Career in Technical Support: 4 Tips for Getting Hired at Elastic from Support Director Heidi Sager
Heidi Sager loves math, but she also loves working with people.
She always has, which is why she enjoyed her part-time job working at the IT department of the University of Colorado while she was studying electrical engineering. (She'd started in computer science, but explains that it "wasn't for her" and switched her major.) She helped students and professors with word processors, basic programming, and software checkout, and took a full-time job after graduation as a UNIX system administrator.
Working at Relativity—the global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful data-organizing and discovery platform—looked different in 2020. The highly collaborative environment of their Chicago headquarters transitioned to a virtual setting, and just like companies around the country, Relativity adapted their goals and major projects to a completely remote environment.
We recently chatted with two really awesome recruiters at Moody's who took the time to share some tips with us!
Humera Yasmeen, located in Bangalore, India, and Vytaute Syvoke, located in Vilnius, Lituania, shared some top-notch tips with us, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the company's culture and values, and how you can make your application stand out.
To learn more about Moody's and their open roles, click here.