Be A Star At Your Next Networking Event
In a world where we text more than we talk, networking face-to- has become more important than ever for personal and professional success. Sure, attending networking events can be nerve-racking, but stepping outside of your comfort zone can lead to huge opportunities! Take it from PowerToFly community member Meg Duffy, who was randomly selected during a recent event to share her 30 second pitch in front of a large audience.Nerve racking? Yes. Rewarding? Absolutely, so that's why we are gearing up for more events at PowerToFly to put you in front of companies that care - see all that's happening here. Keep reading to see how you can hold a PowerToFly event in your city! And you can always become a PowerToFly VIP to get access to trainings on public speaking and more.
FEATURED COMPANY OF THE WEEK: CENTURYLINK
CenturyLink is the second largest telecommunications provider in the U.S. Glen Post, CenturyLink's CEO, has been vocal about adding more women to the massive company. Glen has been quoted as saying, "A diverse workforce is one of our greatest strengths in a competitive global marketplace."Check out CenturyLink's benefits and endorsements:
- Well Connected Program - designed to help you achieve a state of balance in your personal and professional life
- Tuition Assistance - to increase effectiveness in your current position
- Maternity leave - up to 12 weeks
- Fitness Reimbursement - nice!
- CenturyLink recognized in Diversity Magazine's Top 50 Employers List for their STEM Workforce
- Level 3, a division of Century Link, selected as Military Times' "Best for Vets: Employers 2017"