An Evening of Tech Talks + Networking with Women Tech Leaders
Join us April 16th from 6pm to 8:30pm at Work-Bench in NYC
If you are a New York-based tech professional who is interested in attending this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for an invite.
Join PowerToFly and women tech leaders from Bloomberg, Peloton, and TodayTix for an evening of illuminating tech talks and networking.
This invite-only evening will include tech talks and product demos from women tech leaders at each of our featured companies followed by audience Q&A. Whether you are looking for new job opportunities or just want to network with your peers over complimentary food and drinks, we hope you can join us.
The event will be held on April 16th from 6pm to 8:30pm at Work-Bench, located at 110 Fifth Avenue, 5th Floor.
Featured companies include:
- Bloomberg - No other company processes financial data into meaningful and actionable information with the breadth and depth that Bloomberg does. Their 5,000+ engineers and data scientists are dedicated to building and advancing new solutions for the Bloomberg Terminal and enterprise products. Together, Bloomberg's team rolls out new software daily that integrates seamlessly — and immediately — into their clients' workflows.
- Peloton - Peloton is more than a bike. When you join Peloton, you get the opportunity to work alongside the most creative and innovative minds in the field. A few of the benefits and perks of working here are a 401k plan with a 4% match, $100 a month towards your student loans, $100 a month towards a college savings plan; Medical, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, discounted bikes for you and your friends/family, a complimentary digital subscription service, a great work-life balance.
- TodayTix - Launched in 2013, TodayTix is redefining the way you see theatre. They have created an international ticketing platform that connects global audiences in 13 cities to the $50 billion live entertainment business by helping people secure the best discounted and full-price last minute tickets for the most sought after shows around.
Agenda (Subject to Change)
- 6:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
- 6:30pm - Event Kickoff by Work-Bench
- 6:35pm - Introductory Remarks by PowerToFly
- 6:40pm - Tech Talks & Audience Q&A with Women Tech Leaders
- 7:20pm - Closing Remarks
- 7:25pm - Networking Continues over Cocktails & Light Food
About Work-Bench: Work-Bench is an enterprise technology-focused VC fund based in New York City. Work-Bench invests in the next era of enterprise founders selling into the Fortune 500 and supports startups through customer acquisition and community. The firm's investments include CoreOS, Cockroach Labs, Algorithmia, Merlon Intelligence, Dialpad, Socure, and other leading enterprise startups. Follow Work-Bench on Twitter and sign up for the 15K+ subscriber Enterprise Weekly newsletter.
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require assistance to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.
The Women at Work Podcast Shares Actionable Advice on Money, Working in a Male-Dominated Industry, and Finding a Sponsor
Recently I've noticed a bit of a trend (anecdotal evidence alert!) 🚨— I hear more and more folks asking for actionable advice.
For the boss you loved, the coworker you hated, and everyone in between
Two things are inevitable when someone leaves your team at work: there will be an abundance of sweet treats (I'm partial to those giant cookie cakes from the mall) and there will be a card passed around for everyone to scrawl the professional version of sweet nothings in. Depending on the "importance" of the person, you may get the bonus activities of farewell gifts and/or an all-team champagne toast.
If you are a New York based tech professional and you'd like to attend this event, please email your name and LinkedIn URL to email@example.com.
Whether you are a software engineer, fitness enthusiast or both, you won't want to miss PowerToFly's evening of product demos and networking with the women tech leaders and allies at Peloton.
Founded in 2012, Peloton brought top talent together in its Silicon Alley headquarters to create a new concept in fitness. In their words, "We loved cycling but had a hard time finding a workout that consistently fit our schedules, and our at-home workouts never felt quite up to par. So, we set out to create a world-class indoor cycling studio experience on your time, and in the comfort of your own home."
This event is your chance to hear directly from the women tech leaders and allies who make their revolutionary products like the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread and Peloton App possible. We'll be devoting a large portion of the event to taking your questions and I know the Peloton team wants to hear from you!
The unique evening will take place on Wednesday, February 12th from 6pm to 8:30pm at 125 W 25th Street.
These Researchers Argue It Could Lead to Traditionally Female Jobs Becoming More Valued
Studies have found that as women take over male-dominated fields, the pay drops. So what happens when men start joining female-dominated fields?
There's a lot more to building an inclusive company than just hiring more people from diverse backgrounds. So, how can you build an inclusive culture that will help you attract and retain a diverse group of employees?