Watch Our Webinar on Hiring, Attracting and Retaining a Diverse Remote Workforce
On February 27th, PowerToFly presented an interactive webinar focusing on how to hire, attract and retain a diverse remote workforce.
Hosted by PowerToFly Co-Founder & CEO Milena Berry, our impressive panel included:
- Supreet Hundal, Technical Recruiter, Zapier
- Andrea Breanna, Founder/CEO, RebelMouse
- Catherine Scallen, Head of People Ops, SkyVerge
Questions we discussed included:
- While some people may have previous experience working remotely, for most potential employees, this is a new concept. What kind of onboarding and training do you provide new employees who are used to working in traditional office settings?
- Some remote companies keep traditional hours while others offer greater flexibility, such as allowing employees to work at night. What have you found to be successful with your team and do you monitor when your team is online and if so, how?
- At PowerToFly, we believe remote work requires over communication. How do you maintain clear communication across your team especially if you are working across timezones and languages. Also, can you talk a bit about the tools you use to communicate and which tool you think works best for what? Ex. Slack vs. Email.
- Can you share a personal story or example of how working remotely has helped you achieve better work-life integration?
7 Tips from SoftwareONE's Khristy Young
Khristy Young is used to working hard.
She came to the U.S. from the Philippines at 19, computer science degree in hand, and landed her first job in tech, working in frontline support, at 21.
Balancing two full-time jobs — as a mom and Director of Revenue Operations — has never been easy. Add to that the stress of the holiday season and a global pandemic, and your brain may well feel ready to explode.
If you're feeling overwhelmed these days, you're not alone. Hear how Ping Del Giudice, Director of Revenue Operations at Chainalysis and mother of two, has been coping amidst the chaos. (Spoiler alert: she's perfected her multitasking skills.)
What are your best work-life integration tips during this challenging time? Let us know in the comments.
Learn more about Chainalysis' culture here!
From Puzzle Solver to Data Detective: Rockstar Director of Analytics Caroline Peika Talks Data Analytics in the Gaming Industry
Caroline Peika has loved puzzles—and mystery novels—for just about as long as she can remember. Both are extensions of the same core interest: problem solving.