Watch PowerToFly's Virtual Event with Facebook
Facebook and PowerToFly recently joined forces for an invite-only virtual networking event. Watch this behind-the-scenes look at Facebook's groundbreaking work featuring a keynote address, lightning talks, a panel discussion, and an audience Q&A with the company's women leaders.
Here's a look at the event's agenda:
- PowerToFly Kickoff
- Keynote and Welcome Address from Madison Shea McMahan, Event Marketer
- Lighting Talk #1, Designers & Engineers: Better Together
- Caitlyn McCarthy, UX Product Design Manager
- Aish Rajagopal, Software Engineering Manager
- Audience Q&A
- Lighting Talk #2, Women Create: Empowering Self-Advocacy Panel
- Grace Pehl, Data Scientist
- Katy Shi, Software Engineer
- Michelle Yin, Software Engineer
- Audience Q&A
- Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A Featuring Women Tech Leaders at Facebook
- Closing Remarks from PowerToFly
5 Tips from VideoAmp's Kelly Metz on Learning to Listen, Seeking Out Discomfort, and Building a Career You Love
Kelly Metz was on her thirtieth rewatch of a video her team was producing when it hit her: creativity wasn't her strong suit.
"I just missed the things my peers saw," explains Kelly. "I was blind to them."
A Conversation with Bounteous' Jen Spofford
Jen Spofford would tell you that she never had her sights set on becoming a partner at The Archer Group, an advertising agency acquired earlier this year by digital transformation agency Bounteous.
Her former boss would beg to differ.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Farnaz Azmoodeh used to dislike running. She was really, truly, actively not interested.
But after suffering through it for a few months, it's now one of her favorite things to do. "I get so much joy out of it," says Farnaz. The same thing happened when she started making pottery: she says the first month was "terrible" as she struggled to shape the clay with no success but shares that she came to love the process of building after getting through an initial period of learning and adjusting.