A Look at Our Recent Event with OUTFRONT Media and Peloton
A sold-out crowd braved some hot and sticky New York City summer weather to join PowerToFly at our invite-only event featuring OUTFRONT Media and Peloton, held at Rise New York's beautiful Flatiron District office last week.
- Attendees had a chance to network with their peers and enjoy some small bites, wine, beer and some much needed water before the evening's programming officially kicked off.
- Rise New York, part of the Barclays open innovation plan, kicked off the evening by welcoming our guests.
- The evening's keynote address was delivered by Mariquit Corcoran, Partnerships and Programs Director in Barclays' Group Innovation Office who shared a bit of her own career journey and helpful advice to the attendees.
- The centerpiece of the evening was a panel discussion featuring Marion Parrish, SVP Digital Operations at OUTFRONT Media and Yao Liu, Senior Android Developer at Peloton, and was moderated by PowerToFly's CoFounder Katharine Zaleski. Marion and Yao discussed the tech trends and industry trends they are observing, their companies' latest tech innovations, company culture at OUTFRONT Media and Peloton, work-life integration and many other topics.
- The conversation then opened up to include the other attendees in the room and morphed into a candid Q&A session featuring our panelists, our keynote speaker and the many other women tech leaders in attendance.
- The evening concluded with more networking time and a chance to establish deeper connections with our two featured companies.
5 Tips from VideoAmp's Kelly Metz on Learning to Listen, Seeking Out Discomfort, and Building a Career You Love
Kelly Metz was on her thirtieth rewatch of a video her team was producing when it hit her: creativity wasn't her strong suit.
"I just missed the things my peers saw," explains Kelly. "I was blind to them."
A Conversation with Bounteous' Jen Spofford
Jen Spofford would tell you that she never had her sights set on becoming a partner at The Archer Group, an advertising agency acquired earlier this year by digital transformation agency Bounteous.
Her former boss would beg to differ.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Farnaz Azmoodeh used to dislike running. She was really, truly, actively not interested.
But after suffering through it for a few months, it's now one of her favorite things to do. "I get so much joy out of it," says Farnaz. The same thing happened when she started making pottery: she says the first month was "terrible" as she struggled to shape the clay with no success but shares that she came to love the process of building after getting through an initial period of learning and adjusting.