A Look at Our Recent Event with OUTFRONT Media and Peloton
A sold-out crowd braved some hot and sticky New York City summer weather to join PowerToFly at our invite-only event featuring OUTFRONT Media and Peloton, held at Rise New York's beautiful Flatiron District office last week.
- Attendees had a chance to network with their peers and enjoy some small bites, wine, beer and some much needed water before the evening's programming officially kicked off.
- Rise New York, part of the Barclays open innovation plan, kicked off the evening by welcoming our guests.
- The evening's keynote address was delivered by Mariquit Corcoran, Partnerships and Programs Director in Barclays' Group Innovation Office who shared a bit of her own career journey and helpful advice to the attendees.
- The centerpiece of the evening was a panel discussion featuring Marion Parrish, SVP Digital Operations at OUTFRONT Media and Yao Liu, Senior Android Developer at Peloton, and was moderated by PowerToFly's CoFounder Katharine Zaleski. Marion and Yao discussed the tech trends and industry trends they are observing, their companies' latest tech innovations, company culture at OUTFRONT Media and Peloton, work-life integration and many other topics.
- The conversation then opened up to include the other attendees in the room and morphed into a candid Q&A session featuring our panelists, our keynote speaker and the many other women tech leaders in attendance.
- The evening concluded with more networking time and a chance to establish deeper connections with our two featured companies.
Developing as a Technical Leader, a Coach, and a Continual Learner: The NSA's Amy A. on Her Long Career
What do running a half-marathon training program, being an executive coach, and leading a team at the National Security Agency (NSA) have in common?
When Jessica Rothfuss started her first job out of college, she felt a little lost.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Business owners and entrepreneurs rely on more technology than ever before to get the job done. In fact, there are dozens of different ways that businesses can use technology to assist their operations. It can speed up processes, reduce the potential for human error, save companies money and so much more.
Angie Meier, Senior Manager of Talent Acquisition Manager for uShip, shared some top-notch resume tips with us, as well as a behind-the-scenes look at the interview process at uShip!
uShip is the world's first and largest shipping marketplace backed by a creative, diverse, and supported team.
"Innovation is one of our core values, so we're always looking for people that are curious to help us continue to evolve".
Interested in roles at uShip? Click here to learn more.