GET EMAIL UPDATES FROM POWERTOFLY
By signing up you accept the Terms of Service and Privacy Policy
BROWSE CATEGORIES
GET EMAIL UPDATES FROM POWERTOFLY
Remote Hiring

Remote Work Round-Up

March 7th 2018

Want to know what working from home is really like? Our friends at Buffer (see below for one of their remote jobs!) collected data from 1,900 remote workers to produce their "State of Remote Work 2018", and it's clear that working remotely is more than just the pretty stock photo of a woman drinking a latte while working in a coffee shop (but it's pretty close!).


90% of the surveyed remote workers plan on working remotely for the rest of their careers. 70% of these employees work remotely full-time, leaving the other 30% with "flexible" work-from-home schedules. However, of that 30% with flexible schedules, 60% would love to work remotely full-time.

Still have that coffee shop image in your head? In reality, only 5% of the surveyed remote employees work from a cafe or coffee shop. 78% work from their own homes- but 33% of those homebodies will work from cafes when choosing to work outside their homes (depending on convenience).

Remote working has never been so popular, and it's only on the rise. Companies are beginning to ditch offices completely and go completely remote, which helped CEO, Dave Nevogt, kickstart his company Hubstaff:

"It's clear to me that remote employees stay longer, work harder, and offer better ROI over co-located employees. The freedom to work from when and where you want is one of the most desired benefits employees have — it helps us keep our attrition rates low."

Are you ready to join the forces and become a full-time remote employee? Check out these 10 new openings and visit our work-from-home jobs page for more opportunities!

3BL Media - Director of New Business Development (Remote)

Buffer - Engineering Manager (Remote)

Corgibytes - Sales and Marketing Coordinator (Remote)

DuckDuckGo - Site Reliability Engineer (Remote)

Joya Communications - Senior DevOps Engineer (Remote)

Kyero.com - Technical Support Superstar (Remote)

Pumpables - Marketing Lead (Remote)

GitLab - Strategic Account Leader (Remote)

Very - Sr Software Engineer (Remote)

Zapier- Data Scientist (Remote)

popular

How These Companies Are Celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month

According to a recent study, anti-Asian hate crimes have risen 150% since the pandemic started. But these acts of violence are not new — they are part of a much larger history of anti-Asian racism and violence in the U.S.

That makes celebrating Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month (which was named a month-long celebration in May by Congress in 1992 "to coincide with two important milestones in Asian/Pacific American history: the arrival in the United States of the first Japanese immigrants on May 7, 1843 and contributions of Chinese workers to the building of the transcontinental railroad, completed May 10, 1869") this year all the more important.

READ MORE AND DISCUSS Show less
Facebook, Inc.

How to Approach Career Development in a Remote Environment: Insight from Facebook’s Syamla Bandla

Most people have one home town. Syamla Bandla has 13.

With a father serving in the Indian army, Syamla got used to adapting to a new environment every time his role changed and her family moved to a new city.

READ MORE AND DISCUSS Show less
Diversity & Inclusion

How This Analyst Learned to Serve — and Lead — at NGA

Anne Do was recently visiting her cousin in San Francisco, California, for less than 48 hours. In that time, she made two cakes and a dozen French macarons.

"I told my family, 'You won't be seeing me for a while!' and packed up what I could for their freezer," says Anne, smiling.

READ MORE AND DISCUSS Show less

[VIDEO ▶️ ] Diversity at Work: Procore’s Approach

💎 What does a recruiting process with "diversity at work" in mind look like?

📼 Press PLAY to hear some insights from a recruiter at Procore into what it's like to work at a company that encourages diversity. Cynthia Griffin, Senior Talent Operations Specialist at Procore, shares some tips and tricks to stand out in the recruitment process at Procore.

READ MORE AND DISCUSS Show less
Work & Co

5 Tips for Career Switchers: Insight from Work & Co’s Sarah Mogin on Making Use of Your Past Lives

Sarah Mogin never used to like writing open-ended essays in school. She found herself much more motivated by tangible problems.

Calculus had some of those—she never had trouble with her math homework—but when she was in school she never envisioned just how much she could incorporate that love of solution-finding into her daily work, much less that she would have a career as a developer one day.

READ MORE AND DISCUSS Show less
© Rebelmouse 2020