Remote Work Resources + Live Support
*Resources Updated Regularly*
We wanted to let you know what we're doing here at PowerToFly to help you get through this period of uncertainty, as we navigate the significant impacts of COVID-19.
We're extremely grateful that we're set up to run remotely and are working safely from homes across the globe. And while we believe firmly in the benefits of remote work, we also know that 1) it is a privilege to have the option to do so and 2) that working remotely is not without its challenges.
That's why our remote team is here to provide a myriad of virtual connections and a sense of community. We're also laser-focused on ensuring that hiring opportunities remain high over the next few months. In fact, remote roles have doubled on our site since last week. You can see all of the current opportunities here.
Whether you're a seasoned remote worker, have been asked to work remotely for the first time, or are looking for a work-from-home job, we've get several resources to support you. You can use PowerToFly to:
- Apply for remote jobs.
- Join us for virtual networking.
- Re-watch remote-focused chats.
- Read work-from-home advice on our blog.
We've flagged some of our most popular resources, as well as upcoming events, below.
For Remote-Job Seekers
- Remote 101: Tips For Scoring - And Thriving At - A Remote Job
- Tips for Applying to Remote Roles
- Crafting a Remote-Job Resume
- Our 2020 Best Work-From-Home Companies
- Best Work-From-Home Jobs
- Great Jobs for Stay-At-Home Moms
- How to Prepare for a Remote Interview
- Pioneering Remote Work at a Non-Remote Company
Once you're feeling ready, apply to these roles!
For Those Currently Working Remotely
- Transitioning From In-Office to Remote Employee
- A Guide To Remote Work for Employers & Employees During Coronavirus
- 6 Tools to Download If You Work Remotely
- Team Building Activities for Remote Teams
- Productivity Tips for Remote Workers
- Home Office Design Tips
- 6 Things *Not* to Do When You Work Remotely
- How to Manage a Remote Team & Thrive in a Remote Culture
- Strategies For Becoming A Better Remote Team Manager
Join Us for (Free!) Virtual Networking & Coworking Events
View all upcoming events here. Or sign up for our upcoming April chats below:
- Tuesday, April 7th How to Talk About Race - Book Club Register
- Wednesday, April 8th How to Unleash Your Negotiation Potential Register
- Thursday, April 16th How to Embrace Change for Growth Register
- Monday, April 20th How to be a "Servant Leader" Register
Looking for a resource you don't see here or have a question about remote work? Let us know in the comments!
I thought about writing this blog piece like one of those quizzes that used to be on the back pages of Seventeen and Cosmo where each question would offer several answers of varying point levels and you'd pick one answer per question, tally up your points at the end, and match your score to one of several possible results.
Meet Michelle Baker, a technical recruiter at Surescripts. She shared her top tips for applying to Surescripts.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the company's interview process, culture, and values, and learn how you can best prepare for interviews!
To learn more about Surescripts and their open roles, click here.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Jasmine Harvey is pursuing her MBA while working full-time as a buyer for Viasat, a global communications and satellite internet company. Balancing home, work, and school while maintaining a 3.9 grade point average has been quite a challenge. Jasmine had a perfect 4.0 until she took one of the hardest classes in her program, Managerial Economics and Global, during this COVID pandemic. She finished a full 15 percentage points above the class average, but was still 0.6 points away from an "A".