Remote Work Resources + Live Support
*Resources Updated Regularly*
We wanted to let you know what we're doing here at PowerToFly to help you get through this period of uncertainty, as we navigate the significant impacts of COVID-19.
We're extremely grateful that we're set up to run remotely and are working safely from homes across the globe. And while we believe firmly in the benefits of remote work, we also know that 1) it is a privilege to have the option to do so and 2) that working remotely is not without its challenges.
That's why our remote team is here to provide a myriad of virtual connections and a sense of community. We're also laser-focused on ensuring that hiring opportunities remain high over the next few months. In fact, remote roles have doubled on our site since last week. You can see all of the current opportunities here.
Whether you're a seasoned remote worker, have been asked to work remotely for the first time, or are looking for a work-from-home job, we've get several resources to support you. You can use PowerToFly to:
- Apply for remote jobs.
- Join us for virtual networking.
- Re-watch remote-focused chats.
- Read work-from-home advice on our blog.
We've flagged some of our most popular resources, as well as upcoming events, below.
For Remote-Job Seekers
- Remote 101: Tips For Scoring - And Thriving At - A Remote Job
- Tips for Applying to Remote Roles
- Crafting a Remote-Job Resume
- Our 2020 Best Work-From-Home Companies
- Best Work-From-Home Jobs
- Great Jobs for Stay-At-Home Moms
- How to Prepare for a Remote Interview
- Pioneering Remote Work at a Non-Remote Company
Once you're feeling ready, apply to these roles!
For Those Currently Working Remotely
- Transitioning From In-Office to Remote Employee
- A Guide To Remote Work for Employers & Employees During Coronavirus
- 6 Tools to Download If You Work Remotely
- Team Building Activities for Remote Teams
- Productivity Tips for Remote Workers
- Home Office Design Tips
- 6 Things *Not* to Do When You Work Remotely
- How to Manage a Remote Team & Thrive in a Remote Culture
- Strategies For Becoming A Better Remote Team Manager
Join Us for (Free!) Virtual Networking & Coworking Events
View all upcoming events here. Or sign up for our upcoming April chats below:
- Tuesday, April 7th How to Talk About Race - Book Club Register
- Wednesday, April 8th How to Unleash Your Negotiation Potential Register
- Thursday, April 16th How to Embrace Change for Growth Register
- Monday, April 20th How to be a "Servant Leader" Register
Looking for a resource you don't see here or have a question about remote work? Let us know in the comments!
How Hopin’s CCO Knew a Startup Environment Was Right For Her—and Two Questions to See If It’s Right for You
If there's a thread that connects all the different facets of Rosie Roca's life, it's the power of bringing people together.
From how she was raised, to how she got her first job, to the decision to leave enterprise software to take on her current role as the Chief Customer Officer at fast-growing events technology platform Hopin, a focus on community has helped to guide Rosie's decisions.
After a brief hiatus, we're picking our series of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) terms back up!
This month we're looking at different ways of addressing people with disabilities.
In honor of Black History Month, we've been reading some of the great books written by four of the talented Black speakers that joined us at our recent Diversity Reboot Summit—because Black History Month isn't just about looking to the past, it's about elevating the Black voices that are helping to build a better present and future.
Have you read any of the books below? Let us know what you think!