Remote Work Round-Up - June 27, 2017
Dreaming of working remotely, but not sure how to approach the subject with your boss? The best defense is to arm yourself with data on how working outside of the office will benefit the business entire.
According to Samantha Harrington from Forbes, here are four irrefutable facts to convince the powers-that-be.
"1. According to Gallup, remote workers log an average of four more hours a week than their on-site counterparts.
2. People who work from home get more sleep and are more attentive, according to Penn State University.
3. A typical business can save $11,000 per employee per year by letting them work from home 50% of the time according to a study by Global Workplace Analytics.
4. Meanwhile, Gallup found that people who work remotely 20% of the time are more engaged in their work."
If the figures found above don't do the trick, don't lose hope. Below are a gaggle of great remote work opportunities to get you going - or staying (at home, that is).
Clyde's Kelly Hall Shares Tips for Moving from a Big Organization to a Startup and a Framework for Making the Decision
Kelly Hall broke a major rule of negotiation when she was interviewing for her current job at product protection startup Clyde.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
The core of CSL's mission is to save lives. They are at the forefront of finding biotherapeutic solutions for illness, and not just any kind— the rare and serious are their forte. During this unprecedented global pandemic, we'd be hard pressed to think of a better company than CSL to sit down with for a wide reaching panel discussion featuring several of their leaders.
Speakers from CSL included:
- Melissa Bradford, Senior Director, Global Talent Acquisition
- Wlenyeno Elliott-Browne, Division Director- CSL Plasma
- Rebecca Mims, Director, QA and Compliance
- Sophia Yu, Product Manager- HAE Marketing
- Jasmin Senior Bostic, Senior Manager, Global University Relations & Recruiting
Over 40,000 people joined us online last week for Diversity Reboot 2020. We're so grateful to those of you who joined us and we are feeling re-energized and more committed than ever to diversity, equity, and inclusion in our homes and our workplaces.