Dec. 7, 2017
In the United States, the average daily commute is 25.5 minutes long and rising at a rapid pace. Think about the last time you left the office, only to see a sea of red taillights lights with no end in sight- can you feel your anxiety rising? Now you'll never get home with enough time to hit the gym AND make dinner, let alone watch that show you forgot to record (and will definitely miss).
It's not just anxiety that hurts employees with a long commute. A recent article written by Lydia Smith in Quartz exploits some shocking facts including the social isolation, decrease in physical health, and pay cut commuters face when choosing to add just 20 minutes to any commute.
"Commuting can be bad for our health, whether it's packed, delayed trains or mile-long traffic jams. It contributes to our anxiety, stress, and our waistlines. A recent study of British commuters found that even just a 20-minute increase in commute time is equivalent to getting a 19% pay cut for job satisfaction. Every extra minute spent traveling to and from work feels like a lifetime—and, unsurprisingly, increases strain on our wellbeing."
Luckily for you, we're highlighting ten companies who want to keep you out of the car, train, or bus, thanks to their remote work opportunities! Head over to our Jobs page for even more openings.
- The 25 Best-Paying Jobs For Women Right Now ›
- High Paying Careers for Women ›
- The 20 highest-paying jobs for women - Business Insider ›
- No. 1 Sales Engineer ›
- 11 good jobs for women - CBS News ›
- Remote Jobs: Customer Service, Developer, Sales & More ›
- Jobs, Employment in Remote | Indeed.com ›
- 10 Remote Jobs That Actually Pay A Ton Of Money ›
- Remote Jobs: 1,000+ Job Openings for Remote Work | Jobspresso ›
- Remote Jobs: Design, Programming, Rails, Executive, Marketing ... ›
- Remote Jobs for Digital Nomads ›
- Remote Jobs. Work Virtually Anywhere. | Remote Work Hub ›
- SkipTheDrive - Find Telecommuting, Remote, & Online Jobs ›
- GitHub - remoteintech/remote-jobs: A list of semi to fully remote ... ›
- Working Nomads: Remote Jobs ›