Remote Work Round-Up
Jan. 18th 2018
For the first time in a long time, it's not just the East coast workforce looking for a glorified snow day. States such as Texas, Louisiana, and Tennessee are bundling up for a long, snowy commute - and it's no surprise that many of these states are ill equipped for handling snow removal making the drive more dangerous than ever.
So what's an employee to do? Our recommendation - talk to the powers-that-be about implementing a flexible work schedule. While no one could have anticipated these storms, they are a perfect segue into a work-from-home discussion with your boss or an HR Manager. In an article written by Courtney Connley, she provides five tips on negotiating a work-from-home schedule that include:
- Evaluating the Demands of your position
- Checking in with your HR Department
- Drafting a Proposal
- Planing for a Trial Period
- Presenting your idea
Whether your company agrees to a flexible policy solely during inclement weather, or allows you to work-from-home permanently, it's no surprise that full time employees working remotely is on the rise. Studies have shown that companies that offer job flexibility, such as working from home, have happier and more productive employees over traditional ones.
Think you have what it takes to be a stellar remote employee? Check out these ten openings, and for even more available roles, head over to our work-from-home jobs page.
- 12 Companies That Let You Work Remotely - Glassdoor Blog ›
- Remote Work: Jobs, Companies & Virtual Teams - Remote.co ›
- 25+ best sites for finding remote work ›
- How To Embrace Remote Work: The Ultimate Guide ›
- Remote Jobs, Online Jobs & Work From Home Opportunities ›
- Remote Jobs: Customer Service, Developer, Sales & More ›
- 10 Remote Jobs That Actually Pay A Ton Of Money ›
- Jobs, Employment in Remote | Indeed.com ›
- Remote Jobs | Glassdoor ›
- Remote Jobs: 1,000+ Job Openings for Remote Work | Jobspresso ›
- Working Nomads: Remote Jobs ›
- Remote Jobs at Dell ›
- Remote Jobs: Design, Programming, Rails, Executive, Marketing ... ›
- Remote Jobs for Digital Nomads ›
- Remote Jobs. Work Virtually Anywhere. | Remote Work Hub ›
Preparing for the Unexpected: How Maria Fava Found Her Confidence as a Bicultural, Bilingual Woman at T. Rowe Price
Born in Mexico City and raised in Guadalajara, Maria Fava never would have predicted that she'd have a career in financial services. And certainly not in Maryland.
Over two decades ago, when Maria moved to the U.S. to study psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington, she'd planned on moving back to Mexico to study law after graduation. Instead, she fell in love with an unassuming Italian-American her senior year. She married him and moved to Maryland, his home state.
When the pandemic began in spring and her friends (and fellow Carnegie Mellon master's students) started to find out that their offers for summer internships were canceled, Mai Sha held her breath.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.