Remote Work Round-Up
Jan. 18th 2018
For the first time in a long time, it's not just the East coast workforce looking for a glorified snow day. States such as Texas, Louisiana, and Tennessee are bundling up for a long, snowy commute - and it's no surprise that many of these states are ill equipped for handling snow removal making the drive more dangerous than ever.
So what's an employee to do? Our recommendation - talk to the powers-that-be about implementing a flexible work schedule. While no one could have anticipated these storms, they are a perfect segue into a work-from-home discussion with your boss or an HR Manager. In an article written by Courtney Connley, she provides five tips on negotiating a work-from-home schedule that include:
- Evaluating the Demands of your position
- Checking in with your HR Department
- Drafting a Proposal
- Planing for a Trial Period
- Presenting your idea
Whether your company agrees to a flexible policy solely during inclement weather, or allows you to work-from-home permanently, it's no surprise that full time employees working remotely is on the rise. Studies have shown that companies that offer job flexibility, such as working from home, have happier and more productive employees over traditional ones.
Think you have what it takes to be a stellar remote employee? Check out these ten openings, and for even more available roles, head over to our work-from-home jobs page.
- 12 Companies That Let You Work Remotely - Glassdoor Blog ›
- Remote Work: Jobs, Companies & Virtual Teams - Remote.co ›
- 25+ best sites for finding remote work ›
- How To Embrace Remote Work: The Ultimate Guide ›
- Remote Jobs, Online Jobs & Work From Home Opportunities ›
- Remote Jobs: Customer Service, Developer, Sales & More ›
- 10 Remote Jobs That Actually Pay A Ton Of Money ›
- Jobs, Employment in Remote | Indeed.com ›
- Remote Jobs | Glassdoor ›
- Remote Jobs: 1,000+ Job Openings for Remote Work | Jobspresso ›
- Working Nomads: Remote Jobs ›
- Remote Jobs at Dell ›
- Remote Jobs: Design, Programming, Rails, Executive, Marketing ... ›
- Remote Jobs for Digital Nomads ›
- Remote Jobs. Work Virtually Anywhere. | Remote Work Hub ›
Dorra Bouchiha can remember the exact moment she realized she wasn't in control of her own career.
It was summer 2018, and she was sitting at work, watching a presentation by one of her then-employer's new leaders. The presenter was talking about personal growth and showed the room a slide of two images side by side.
Growing Your Career in Technical Support: 4 Tips for Getting Hired at Elastic from Support Director Heidi Sager
Heidi Sager loves math, but she also loves working with people.
She always has, which is why she enjoyed her part-time job working at the IT department of the University of Colorado while she was studying electrical engineering. (She'd started in computer science, but explains that it "wasn't for her" and switched her major.) She helped students and professors with word processors, basic programming, and software checkout, and took a full-time job after graduation as a UNIX system administrator.
Working at Relativity—the global tech company that equips legal and compliance professionals with a powerful data-organizing and discovery platform—looked different in 2020. The highly collaborative environment of their Chicago headquarters transitioned to a virtual setting, and just like companies around the country, Relativity adapted their goals and major projects to a completely remote environment.