Stop Assuming and Start Asking: The Best Tips & Tricks for Finding Allies & Advocates
Here's what they're doing, in their own words:
Empowering authenticity - LogMeIn
Learn more about LogMeIn here.
Educating on current events — Raytheon Technologies
Learn more about Raytheon Technologies here.
Encouraging awareness, growth, and learning — Moody's
- Weekly newsletters featuring AAPI employee profiles and cultural resources
- Video screening and small-group discussions supporting #StopAsianHate
- Cultural panel discussion featuring employee stories
- Professional development activities
- External speakers speaking about Asian leadership"
Supporting professional development — Freddie Mac
"Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month at Freddie Mac – Together, We Are Stronger
- Personal development session on empowerment led by a coach from our Employee Assistance Program.
- "Stop Asian Hate" lunch and learn geared toward discussing the hurdles facing the AAPI community.
Fostering inclusion, learning, and belonging – Nestlé USA
Learn more about Nestlé USA here.
Promoting cultural literacy – Relativity
The Community Resource Group at Relativity
Learn more about Relativity here.
Creating transformative experiences – Facebook
- Bystander Training/self Defense Workshop"
Learn more about Facebook here.
Extensive and exciting programming — 2U
Learn more about 2U here.
Amplifying voices and educating others – Smartsheet
Learn more about Smartsheet here.
Rising together in sports and culture – NBA
Learn more about the NBA here.
Creating courageous conversations – Commvault
Learn more about Commvault here.
Honoring history through virtual events – Collins Aerospace
Learn more about Collins Aerospace here.
Highlighting new perspectives – MongoDB
Learn more about MongoDB here.
Spotlighting diverse communities – Bumble
- BuzzWord DEI Discussion Series with featured guest speakers: This conversation will focus on the Asian community within the context of larger cultural issues such as dating app experiences, fetishization, masculinity, and representation.
Engaging in daring conversations – Procore
Learn more about Procore here.
Taking action to foster change – SeatGeek
Learn more about SeatGeek here.
Uplifting and inspiring the community – Okta
Learn more about Okta here.
Empowering cultural diversity and leadership – Quip
Learn more about Quip here.
Focusing on lived experiences – Mindbody
Learn more about Mindbody here.
Promoting harmony and unity – T. Rowe Price
Learn more about T. Rowe Price here.
Celebrating Asians globally
Learn more about AutoDesk here.
💎 What does a recruiting process with "diversity at work" in mind look like?
The Importance of Encouraging Diversity at Work
📨 Are you interested in joining Procore? They have open positions! To learn more, click here.
Get to Know Cynthia
More About Procore
"I've always gotten a lot of motivation out of solving complex problems of any sort," says Sarah.
Taking risks to capitalize on opportunities
So she took a risk and left her job and enrolled in a 12-week coding bootcamp.
Dealing with imposter syndrome
5 tips for making a career switch work for you
Here's the advice she has for other people looking to do the same thing:
This guide is broken into four parts:
Download the full guide here or check out a preview below:
Download FREE guide here.
💎 Wondering how you can show up as the right candidate for the job?
Tailor Your Resume to Be the Right Candidate for the Job at Your Interview
📨 Are you interested in joining Helm? They have open positions! To learn more, click here.