This is an invite-only evening for software engineers (Backend, Fullstack) with at least 3+ years of experience. If you think that this event would be a good fit for you, please email email@example.com to request an invitation.
Join us on June 14th for an evening of discussions, networking and refreshments with the women leaders (and male allies) at Helix who are revolutionizing how we learn and use information about our DNA.
The event will be held Thursday, June 14th from 5:30pm to 8pm at Helix HQ, 1 Circle Star Way, San Carlos, CA 94070.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 5:30pm - Check-In & Networking over Food & Drinks
- 5:50pm - Event Kickoff with PowerToFly
- 5:55pm - Keynote Address by Robin Thurston, CEO of Helix
- 6:10pm - Product Demo with Anupreet Walia, Engineering Manager at Helix
- 6:40pm - Panel Discussion featuring Helix team members:
- Deena Bahri, Chief Marketing Officer (Panel Moderator)
- Sharon Briggs, Senior Scientist
- Sharoni Jacobs, Director of Product Management, Lab Platforms
- 7:10pm - Audience Q&A
- 7:30pm - Networking over Food & Drinks
Also, Helix is hiring! Their competitive benefits include 12 weeks of parental leave, 401(k) with employer matching, on-premise nursing room, fitness and wellness discounts, catered meals and flexible PTO. To learn more about Helix and their open opportunities, visit their page at PowerToFly.
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Create Your Free Profile on PowerToFly.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.
What are APIs (or Application Programming Interfaces)? APIs are a set of routines, protocols and tools for building software applications that make it easier to develop a program by providing all of the basic building blocks.
(Register now and watch the training session anytime - Availability Runs through December 31, 2018! You will receive a separate email in your inbox with a link to the seminar after you have completed your purchase. If you would like to access all of our on-demand webinars for free, sign-up for a PowerToFly VIP membership.)
In this on-demand, forty-minute masterclass, PowerToFly's architect & lead backend developer Devi will focus on ReST APIs and help you understand what it means to be "restful", how to design restful APIs, why we use them and how they differ from other APIs.
The seminar covers:
- What is an API and why do we use them
- What are ReST APIs and how do they differ from other APIs
- How to create, read, update and delete ReST APIs
- HTTP Status Codes
- Design decisions