This is an invite-only evening for software engineers (Backend, Fullstack) with at least 3+ years of experience. If you think that this event would be a good fit for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to request an invitation.
Join us on June 14th for an evening of discussions, networking and refreshments with the women leaders (and male allies) at Helix who are revolutionizing how we learn and use information about our DNA.
The event will be held Thursday, June 14th from 5:30pm to 8pm at Helix HQ, 1 Circle Star Way, San Carlos, CA 94070.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 5:30pm - Check-In & Networking over Food & Drinks
- 5:50pm - Event Kickoff with PowerToFly
- 5:55pm - Keynote Address by Robin Thurston, CEO of Helix
- 6:10pm - Product Demo with Anupreet Walia, Engineering Manager at Helix
- 6:40pm - Panel Discussion featuring Helix team members:
- Deena Bahri, Chief Marketing Officer (Panel Moderator)
- Sharon Briggs, Senior Scientist
- Sharoni Jacobs, Director of Product Management, Lab Platforms
- 7:10pm - Audience Q&A
- 7:30pm - Networking over Food & Drinks
Also, Helix is hiring! Their competitive benefits include 12 weeks of parental leave, 401(k) with employer matching, on-premise nursing room, fitness and wellness discounts, catered meals and flexible PTO. To learn more about Helix and their open opportunities, visit their page at PowerToFly.
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Create Your Free Profile on PowerToFly.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.
When you bring together leaders from SendGrid, a digital communication platform that delivers more than a billion emails to hundreds of millions of users every single day. to talk to women in tech in the Bay Area, you're going to get a conversation that looks at gender parity from a novel, data-driven perspective.
Check out the highlights from the SendGrid-PowerToFly event held on January 30th. The night in Redwood City was mc-ed by PowerToFly's Chief Talent Officer, Rachel Valdez and featured SendGrid's CEO, Sameer Dholakia, Chief People Officer Pattie Money and a panel of women tech leaders at the organization. Follow SendGrid for more information on the company, including its open jobs.
- SendGrid CEO Sameer Dholakia explained how the team breaks down familiar phrases like "diversity" and "inclusion". Dholakia cited the explanation of how "diversity" is like being invited to the party and "inclusion" is about feeling comfortable enough to dance once you're there. Dholakia emphasized that building inclusive environments must be an ongoing effort, embracing different perspectives ultimately result in the best products.
- Pattie Money, SendGrid's Chief People Operations Officer, spoke about SendGrid's current efforts to promote diversity by embracing transparency through releasing their gender ratio data. She also shared the measures SendGrid is undertaking to continue to improve the company's stats moving forward.
- Engineers and Product Managers from the SendGrid team led an in-depth product demonstration on new tools SendGrid will deploy in 2018 to provide their clients with the best email delivery experience possible.
- VP of Software Engineering, Sha Ma, explained how tech has evolved during her 20 year career and the best practices she's seen for leading diverse teams.
- Jennifer Kelser and Chiara McPhee, formerly CEO and COO of Bizzy.io, discussed the acquisition of their former company by SendGrid, and their exciting transition to becoming Directors of Product Management. Jennifer attested to the importance of drowning out the noise and listening to your gut when it comes to succeeding as a woman in tech.
- As one attendee noted of SendGrid: "I loved the company culture and how they are actually "walking the walk" and not just talking about it all time. I also loved the way the CEO and the execs think about themselves as support systems! Great people, great culture and great company!"
Follow SendGrid on PowerToFly for more info on job openings, events, and more.