On September 25th PowerToFly's Director of Customer Success Cristina Duke and Talent Advocate Megan Alexander flew to Bellevue in Washington to host a special evening with the women business & technology leaders from the Microsoft Azure AI Platform organization.
Microsoft speakers at the event included:
- Ria Kapila, Chief of Staff
- Aniththa Umamahesan, Program Manager
- Julie Stevenson, Data Scientist
- Sindhura Bandhakavi, Principal Software Engineering Manager
- Sophia Liu, Data Scientist
- Vinitra Swamy, Software Engineer
- After this event with Microsoft I learned that work life balance really exists at this company
- It was a great event! There is a clear need for networking events like this. I learned a lot about Azure team and felt like I had a great opportunity to connect with the members of the team and Microsoft recruiters in general. My favorite part was a panel format with Q&A.
- Extremely well organized right from Parking, to providing nametags, notebooks, and a wide selection of Hors d'oeuvres.
Microsoft is hiring! Visit their page on PowerToFly to learn more about their open roles.
Meg and Cristina from PowerToFly arrive at Microsoft!
Ready for the event!
A great crowd of experienced women in tech.
Ria Kapila, Chief of Staff, Microsoft AI Platform
A look at our impressive panel.
Our panel answered questions from the audience.
The event concluded with plenty of time to network.
If you are a tech professional in the greater Seattle area and you'd like to attend this event, please email email@example.com to be considered for an invite.
Microsoft has partnered with PowerToFly to present an intimate networking event to hear from a panel of business & technology leaders from the Microsoft Azure AI Platform organization who will discuss their career journeys and current projects.
The event will take place on Wednesday, September 25th from 6pm to 8pm at Microsoft, 11025 NE 8th Street, 12th Floor, Bellevue.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 6:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Light Food & Drinks
- 6:25pm - Kick-Off from PowerToFly
- 6:30pm - Keynote Address by Ria Kapila, Chief of Staff
- 6:40pm - Tech Talk by Aniththa Umamahesan, Program Manager
- 6:55pm - Panel Discussion featuring leaders from Microsoft
- 7:15pm - Audience Q&A
- 7:30pm - Networking Continues
PowerToFly has been thrilled to partner with Microsoft on several past events. Check out photos from a past gathering in Seattle HERE. Here's what one attendee shared: "I brought my daughter who is also in IT. It was a wonderful evening for both of us. We loved the panel and they did make us feel that MS is now a more inviting place for women. We are now seeking employment at MS. The greatest thing about the evening was the opportunity to hang out with a room full of women IT professionals. How refreshing!"
Whether you are looking for new opportunities (Microsoft is hiring!) or you just want to network with your peers, we hope you can attend this special mini-retreat.
About Microsoft Azure AI Platform: Microsoft's objective is to make Azure AI the best platform for 1st and 3rd party customers. We want to enable our customers to easily develop systems of intelligence anywhere: in the Azure cloud, on edge devices, and offline. Our customers expect our services to deliver the promise of the cloud: that is, to deliver globally available, compliant, secure, performant, scalable AI that can be deployed in high-volume enterprise applications. Through teamwork we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world for the better. To learn more about our values and commitment to Diversity, Environment and Innovation click here.
About PowerToFly's Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require assistance to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and Microsoft cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.