For us here at PowerToFly, 2019 is in full swing! We already have a slew of live and web events lined up for January not to mention our VIP Program (where VIPs can enjoy weekly virtual lunch & learns with women leaders) and new offerings such as career coaching.
But before we jump too much into the new year, I wanted to take a quick look back at our final event of 2018, an evening of "cocktails and conversations" featuring some of New York's fastest-growing startups.
A packed house!
PowerToFly CoFounder & CEO Milena Berry.
Shilpa Deshpande, Data Science Engineer at Chainalysis
Michele Martone, Head of QA Engineering at Better Mortgage
Lauren Javaly, Engineer Developer at RapidSOS
Our panel of women tech leaders.
Our panel took questions from the audience.
If you are interested in attending this event, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be considered for a reservation.
PowerToFly is kicking off this holiday season with a free evening of cocktails and conversation featuring women leaders from some of New York's fastest-growing startups. The night will include product demos, a panel discussion, an audience Q&A, and of course plenty of time to network with your peers over drinks and light food.
The event will take place on Monday December 17th from 6pm to 8pm at Rise New York, located at 43 W. 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010.
Featured startups include:
- Better Mortgage, a direct lender dedicated to providing a fast, transparent, and online mortgage experience backed by superior customer support. From their offices in New York City, they're using technology to change the way people finance their homes, for the better. Since their founding, Better Mortgage has funded $1.8 billion of loans
- Blockstack, a new internet for decentralized apps that you access through the Blockstack Browser. With Blockstack, there is a new world of apps that let you own your data and maintain your privacy, security and freedom. Blockstack is a rapidly growing open source community with over 15,584 developers globally. It was co-founded by Ryan Shea and Muneeb Ali in 2013 at Princeton and the core team is distributed across the United States and globally.
- Chainalysis, builds trust in blockchains between people, businesses and governments. Their Blockchain Intelligence Platform powers compliance and investigation software for the world's top institutions. Their cryptocurrency investigation software helps law enforcement and financial institutions identify and stop bad actors who are using cryptocurrencies for illicit activity such as fraud, extortion, and money laundering. With an intuitive graphical interface, Chainalysis Reactor enables users to easily conduct in-depth investigations into the source and provenance of cryptocurrency transactions.
- RapidSOS, a multi-million dollar technology company developing transformative technology that saves lives. Their emergency technology platform links life-saving data from connected devices to 9-1-1 and first responders. RapidSOS' technology helps predict emergencies before they occur while also providing accurate locations and data to first responders.
Agenda (Subject to Change)
- 6:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
- 6:30pm - Event Kickoff with Rise New York (The NYC chapter of a global network that brings together the best and brightest startups and experts to create the future of financial services)
- 6:35pm - Introductory Remarks by PowerToFly
- 6:40pm - Product Demos, a Panel Discussion and an Audience Q&A featuring women tech leaders from Better Mortgage, Blockstack, Chainalysis, and RapidSOS
- 7:20pm - Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
About our Events: All attendees who RSVP are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and its Partners cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.