Below is an article originally written by PowerToFly Partner S&P Global. Go to S&P Global's page on PowerToFly to see their open positions and learn more.
We believe #ChangePays
At S&P Global, we believe an investment in women is an investment in us all. Some think that we've already invested enough. Some say equality doesn't pay.
The numbers tell a different story.
At S&P Global, we've been compiling the latest data and producing research on women's economic participation and impact. It's vital that we learn where we've made progress and where there's still a long way to go.
Visit spglobal.com/changepays for more information.
BlackRock, in partnership with PowerToFly, recently hosted an event at their Manhattan office for women in UX, data science, software engineering and related fields, featuring the impressive women who are driving innovation at the firm.
- Scott Wilkinson, BlackRock's Head of User Experience, Aladdin Product Group kicked off the evening and discussed how technology is at the heart of everything BlackRock does, and why the UX function is critical to the company's success.
- In a fireside chat, BlackRock's Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management Sarah Schaffer talked about how she's constantly been challenged in each of the seven roles she's held at BlackRock, and how she balances her professional and personal demands as a working mother.
- The fireside chat was followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A, where Sarah was joined by fellow tech colleagues Traci Entel, Senior Technology Business Partner, COO Functions; Rachel Schutt, Data Science Core Lead, Aladdin Product Group and Sabrina Sullivan, User Experience Design Lead, Aladdin Product Group to discuss their journeys at BlackRock and what it's like to be a woman in tech.
The event took place at the Aladdin Product Group's recently remodeled office in midtown Manhattan
A packed house of women in tech
Scott Wilkinson, BlackRock's Head of User Experience, Aladdin Product Group welcomed our guests
BlackRock's Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management Sarah Schaffer participated in a fireside chat with PowerToFly CEO Milena Berry
A panel discussion on "data meets design with Traci Entel, Senior Technology Business Partner, COO Functions; Rachel Schutt, Data Science Core Lead, Aladdin Product Group; Sarah Schaffer, Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management; and Sabrina Sullivan, User Experience Design Lead, Aladdin Product Group
An audience Q&A with BlackRock's female tech leaders
BlackRock swag for the attendees
All attendees received awesome BlackRock reusable water bottles
Earlier this past weekend, Black Panther, the latest blockbuster juggernaut in the Marvel Cinematic Universe, crossed the $1.1 billion box office threshold in global ticket sales. While billion dollar movies have increased in frequency in recent years, they are still far from the norm as only thirty-three movies have reached this lofty achievement when not adjusted for inflation.
What makes Black Panther's success particularly noteworthy is that it is the first movie ever with a predominantly black cast to achieve this status and only the second film helmed by an African American director to break the billion dollar mark, with F. Gary Gray's Fate of the Furious being the first. Could this be a sign that Hollywood is finally ready to admit that audiences want films featuring more diverse casts and creative teams?
"I have two words to leave with you tonight, ladies and gentlemen: inclusion rider."
It was with those seemingly simple words that an electrified Frances McDormand ended her lively Oscar acceptance speech last Sunday after taking home the Academy Award for Best Actress (the second of her career, by the way). Sharing more than a bit of DNA with the firebrand she portrays in Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri, McDormand's short but pointed speech brought a vibrancy to an evening that addressed the #MeToo movement but remained overall, a staid black-tie affair.
This is an invite-only event. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for the event password if you think this event would be a good fit for your skill set.
Please join us to meet and hear from Licenia, a 20-year veteran of American Express who has led large-scale projects across the company while acting as the Global Development Committee Chair for the Women in Technology Network. Licenia will be joined by women and male allies from American Express who will be sharing how they're building inclusive environments, while innovating products to fuel company-wide growth.
Since this is an exclusive, invite-only event, you'll also have the opportunity to network with top women in your field and team members from PowerToFly.
We will also be offering complimentary headshot photos for all attendees.
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 5:30pm - Check-In & Networking over Light Food + Free Headshots
- 6:00pm - Event Kickoff with Caroline Turner, PowerToFly's Chief Revenue Officer
- 6:05pm - Keynote Address from Ileana Figueroa, VP, Technologies at American Express
- 6:15pm - Product Demo(s) + Q&A featuring American Express Women Tech Leaders
- 6:35pm - Fireside Chat featuring Licenia Rojas, American Express Senior Vice President and Unit CIO, Global Services Group; moderated by Caroline Turner
- 6:55pm - Audience Q&A featuring Licenia Rojas and American Express executives including:
- Cheryl Rico, VP, Unit CIO at American Express, Global Consumer Services Technology at American Express
- Dean Vocaturo, VP/GM -Network Engineering & Optimization at American Express
- Ileana Figueroa, VP, Technologies at American Express
- 7:20pm - Closing Remarks
- 7:25pm - Networking resumes over Light Food + Free Headshots
Although this is a networking event (you don't have to be looking for a job to attend), American Express is hiring. Their amazing benefits include up to 26 weeks of paid parental leave, flexible work arrangements, Healthy Living wellness programs, tuition assistance and great medical coverage. Learn more about American Express including their open roles by going to their page on PowerToFly and clicking "follow."
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email email@example.com, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to that particular event. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions about this policy.