This is an invite-only event. Contact email@example.com for the invitation if you think this event would be a good fit for your skill set.
Save the date! PowerToFly is excited to introduce you to women tech leaders at some of New York's most exciting companies. You will hear how these female leaders and their teams are building inclusive environments and innovative tech products. We'll end the evening with an opportunity for you to network with additional women in tech over cocktails and light food.
Panelists & Featured Guests include (Subject to Change):
- Doa Jafri, Director of Engineering, Thrive Global
- Bahar Shah, Senior Software Engineer, Bluecore
- Mahmoud Arram, CTO & CoFounder, Bluecore
- Bavitha Sokhi, Senior Software Engineer, Stash Invest
We will be announcing a full lineup of speakers and participating companies shortly. Stay tuned!
Agenda (Subject to Change):
- 6:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
- 6:30pm - Event Kickoff with Rise New York (The NYC chapter of a global network that brings together the best and brightest start-ups and experts to create the future of financial services)
- 6:35pm - Introductory Remarks by Milena Berry, PowerToFly's CEO
- 6:40pm - Panel on How To Rise as a Woman in Tech featuring female leaders including Doa Jari, Director of Engineering, Thrive Global; Bahar Shah, Software Engineer, Bluecore; Bavitha Sokhi, Senior Software Engineer, Stash Invest; moderated by Milena Berry
- 7:00pm - Audience Q&A
- 7:20pm - Networking over Cocktails & Light Food
The event will be held on April 12th from 6pm to 8pm at Rise New York, located at 43 W. 23rd Street, New York, NY 10010.
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Create Your Free Profile on PowerToFly.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to that particular event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.
Ticket sales for this event have ended.
Join BlackRock and PowerToFly on the evening of March 27th to learn how design decisions at BlackRock are being informed by data insights – and to meet the impressive women behind this effort.
The evening will include a keynote address by BlackRock's Head of User Experience, Aladdin Product Group Scott Wilkinson, where he'll speak about his BlackRock journey and how he's building and scaling the UI/UX function at the firm. You'll also hear from a panel of four different women in technology at BlackRock – ranging from data science to UX to product management to HR, who will share their perspectives on working at the firm, and how they're each playing a role in designing for user delight. The evening will also include candid fireside chat and audience Q&A with BlackRock's Sarah Schaffer, Deputy Head of Aladdin Project Management.
Although this is a networking event (you don't have to be looking for a job to attend), BlackRock is hiring. They were named one of 2017's Top Companies by LinkedIn and one of 2018's "Top 30 World's Most Admired Companies" by Fortune. Their benefits include flexible time off, support for caring for children and elders, comprehensive health coverage, wellness initiatives and retirement savings. To learn more about BlackRock and their open opportunities, visit their page at PowerToFly and click "follow" for updates.