Part of PowerToFly's Employer Conversations Series: DEI All Year Long
Being your authentic self at work can be a struggle. That's where Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) come in. An ERG builds connections between teams that go beyond simple work relationships. Whether the focus is on race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, or being a parent, an ERG can be a powerful growth tool for both the individual and the company; and they go a long way in creating more diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplaces.
Join PowerToFly and its partner APCO Worldwide, as we break down the ABCs of ERGs. Whether you are looking to start your own ERG, grow your membership, receive stakeholder buy-in, or take your group to the next level, we hope you'll join and participate in this interactive discussion with your fellow leaders. There's no need to prepare anything in advance, but we hope you'll lend your voice to the conversation. Questions are welcome!
This interactive discussion, part of PowerToFly's Employer Conversation Series: DEI All Year Long, will take place on October 7th from 12pm to 1pm ET.
Our subject matter experts will include:
- Dominique Scott, Associate Director, APCO Worldwide
- Grace Boyle, Senior Designer, Co-Chair, Asian and Pacific Islander (API) Employee Resource Group, Co-Chair, North America DEI Council Co-Chair, APCO Worldwide
- Clarence Clayton, Manager, Data Privacy, D&I Community Chair, Founding Member of Blacks United in Leadership and Diversity (B.U.I.L.D), Red Hat
- Michael Russo, Senior Talent Acquisition Partner at Dassault Systèmes
Some topics this talk will discuss include:
- The dos and don'ts of starting an Employee Resource Group
- What types of ERGs can you have
- Events and initiatives that your ERG can participate in
- Maintaining an ERG in a hybrid or remote workplace
- Securing executive buy-in to take your ERG to the next level
- Finding a balance between your "day job" and being involved in an ERG
- And much more.
Can't make the live session? Be sure to RSVP anyway and we will send you a recording.