Receive a special 20% off your ticket with code powertofly
After a few years of virtual events, our partner -- the world’s largest conference on remote work Running Remote -- is back with a live show! It will take place on May 17-18 in the iconic venue of Montreal New City Gas. You will meet the industry thought leaders such as Harry Moseley, CIO at Zoom, Jalie Cohen, GSVP HR at Adecco, and Jeff Shiner, CEO at 1Password. Hundreds of international leaders of distributed, remote-first and hybrid teams will flock to Canada next year to learn from each other, get inspired and propel their teams to new heights.
Get your pass only at $649 before April 1 at https://runningremote.com/. Receive a special 20% off your ticket with code powertofly.
Remote work has propelled to the masses since Running Remote was launched in 2018. More than 6,000 people have attended this leading conference on remote work since then, and the Running Remote team continues to bring to you top-notch content on the latest methodologies on building and scaling remote teams. Hundreds of international leaders of distributed, remote-first and hybrid teams will flock to Canada next year to learn from each other, get inspired and propel their teams to new heights. Its live and virtual stages have welcomed executives from companies like Cisco, Zoom, Citrix, Twitter, Upwork, Vanguard, Toyota, Automattic and Pixar. Since 2018, more than 6,000 leaders have attended their events.
Moderated by PowerToFly's Dionna Smith-Keels, Strategic Global Enterprise D&I Executive, our amazing panel of leaders included:
- Stew Friedman, Wharton professor, author of Parents Who Lead
- Andrew Burmon, Chief Content Officer at Fatherly
- Joe Gomez, Talent Acquisition Manager at Guru Technologies
We know that everyone's number one priority is doing what they can to keep their employees safe and healthy as Coronavirus news unfolds.
That's why we're hosting a webinar on Thursday, March 12th to discuss how you can successfully manage remote and distributed teams in the short and medium term.
We'll be discussing common pain points/areas of concern, such as:
- Remote interviews
- Tools for optimizing online workflows
First and foremost, we'll be addressing your questions and concerns. The session will be run as a Q&A.
Share your questions/concerns when you sign up and we'll do our best to cover them during the session.
- Katharine Zaleski, CoFounder and President, PowerToFly
- Milena Berry, CoFounder and CEO, PowerToFly
- Shannon Hogue, Global Head of Solutions Engineering, Karat
About your hosts:
Milena has been running large remote teams for over a decade, both at Avaaz and PowerToFly and Katharine's experience with hybrid and remote teams at corporations and startups stretches back to when she was the sixth employee at the Huffington Post!
On February 27th, PowerToFly presented an interactive webinar focusing on how to hire, attract and retain a diverse remote workforce.
Hosted by PowerToFly Co-Founder & CEO Milena Berry, our impressive panel included:
Questions we discussed included:
- While some people may have previous experience working remotely, for most potential employees, this is a new concept. What kind of onboarding and training do you provide new employees who are used to working in traditional office settings?
- Some remote companies keep traditional hours while others offer greater flexibility, such as allowing employees to work at night. What have you found to be successful with your team and do you monitor when your team is online and if so, how?
- At PowerToFly, we believe remote work requires over communication. How do you maintain clear communication across your team especially if you are working across timezones and languages. Also, can you talk a bit about the tools you use to communicate and which tool you think works best for what? Ex. Slack vs. Email.
- Can you share a personal story or example of how working remotely has helped you achieve better work-life integration?