Learn More about Audible's "Next Chapter" Returnship Program and How to Prepare for the Interview Process
Audible’s ‘Next Chapter’ Returnship program is a 16-week paid full-time internship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving.
The program is open to professionals who have at least 5 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent.
Join us to learn more about our distinctive returnship program and how to prep for the interview. You’ll hear from our Program Manager, Supriya, who will give an overview of the program and interview process, a returnee-turned new hire, Archana, will share about her personal interview and returnee experiences and from a mentor, David who will discuss the importance of mentorship and it’s impact on returnees in our program. We hope you’ll join us!
Start Your Next Chapter After a Career Break: How You Can Get Back to Work With a Returnship at Audible
If you've stepped back from your career to take care of a loved one, you're not alone. Since the COVID-19 pandemic began, millions of individuals have left the workforce to become stay-at-home caregivers. Unfortunately, this decision doesn't only affect monthly income; it can also create a hole in your resume that makes re-entering the workforce a challenge.
However, some employers are starting to realize the importance of looking past resume gaps in order to assess the holistic experience of applicants. A CBS New York article reports that "there are a growing number of corporate programs aimed specifically for [returnees]."
These programs—returnships—are basically mid-career internships that offer training, experience, and networking opportunities to professionals who have been out of the workforce for an extended amount of time.
CNN puts it this way: "There are lots of exits off the highway of our lifetime work, but very few on-ramps. And returnships are one of those on-ramps."
In essence, the goal of these programs is to give qualified individuals a jump start to pick up their career where they left off. The returnship experience gives hiring managers a reason to look past resume gaps and hire qualified people that they would otherwise overlook. And they're working pretty well. The New York Post explains that, upon successful completion of these programs, roughly 80% of returnees get offered a permanent job.
Are you looking for a returnship?
Premium audio storytelling company Audible launched their Returnship Program, Next Chapter, in 2020 and recently announced new opportunities for applicants. The program offers experienced professionals who have taken a career break for caregiving a full-time, paid remote internship over the course of 18 weeks. It gives participants a chance to return to the workforce by revamping skills, updating their resume with new experiences, and making connections with other professionals.
"We're helping people bring the skills that they have developed in the past, and put them back to work," said Anne Erni, Chief People Officer at Audible. "This is an incredible opportunity to show women and men who choose to opt out that they can return, and they can return and have successful, highly paid careers."
Audible's returnship program is open to professionals who have:
- 2 to 5+ years of professional experience
- Been out of the paid workforce for at least one year to focus on childcare or other dependent care.
- Upon successful completion of the return ship there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment.
If you're interested in returning to work with Audible, you can read more about the Next Chapter Returnship Program here.
• Unique opportunity for experienced professionals seeking to return to work after taking a 2+ year career break
• Comprehensive 14-week paid program w/benefits
• Offers resources, networking and personalized development plans
• Provides leadership exposure, professional development, mentorship and coaching
• Eligible for consideration for a full-time role at the end of the program
Bring your knowledge, experience and creativity back to the workforce through exciting and challenging opportunities. Our next cohort will run from September 21, 2020 – December 23, 2020.
Resumés must be submitted by July 31, 2020 for the Fall 2020 Cohort.
For more information on the RTX Re-Empower Program and view available opportunities, visit:
If you don't see a specific position of interest, please submit your resume for consideration via the following link:
We're excited to announce applications are now open for Facebook's Return to Work program. We have positions open for 10 roles:
- Data Engineer, Infrastructure
- Research Data Scientist, Infrastructure
- Capacity Engineering and Analysis Engineer, Infrastructure
- Mechanical Engineer, Infrastructure
- Mechanical Engineer, AR/VR
- Firmware Engineer, AR/VR
- Electrical Engineer, AR/VR
- Technical Program Manager, Infrastructure
- Technical Program Manager, AR/VR
- Fulfillment Operations Program Manager, AR/VR
Roles are based in the Bay Area and Seattle area offices, as well as our Boston office. Please check each job requisition for the corresponding locations.
What is the Return to Work Program?
- A 16-week immersive program designed for those who have left the workforce for 2 years or longer and are looking to re-enter the workforce full-time. At the end of the term, those who have demonstrated their abilities to succeed and have an impact at Facebook will be considered for a full-time position.
Hear stories from Return to Work Program graduates:
- The Fall Program starts at the end of August and runs through December.
- To view opportunities and apply, visit our website. Please apply early, as we're expecting a high volume of applicants and have limited positions.