Zynga's New Returnship Program Will Help You Make a Smooth Transition
It can feel almost impossible to get back to work after a career break, but some companies are making it easier with dedicated return to work programs.
Feb. 7th 2018
If you're an engineer, I'm sure at some point in your career you've held a job where taking time off just isn't an option. There are too many projects to complete, and you can't justify a lengthy vacation because it means missing this deadline or that conference. Forget taking time off to start a family or take care of an elder family member, life outside work just doesn't exist.
Luckily, it's not like that at Dow Jones.
Not only does Dow Jones have a Returnship program that gives professionals who have taken an extended break in their career an opportunity for a fresh start, but they offer flexible work with generous time off and parental leave for all. Dow Jones even hired a woman at 9 months pregnant to lead their tech team- talk about agile!
If you're an Engineer who thrives in a fast paced environment and is willing to go the extra mile for a company who is ready to invest in you and your success, keep reading for two opportunities you can't pass up.
Are you looking to return to work after a career break? If so, the team at PowerToFly would like to invite you and a select group of engineers to an exclusive webinar to learn more about United Technologies exciting and innovative Re-Empower Program.
Experienced professionals sometimes take a career break for a variety of personal and professional reasons. Returning to work after an absence of two or more years can seem daunting. To help with this transition, United Technologies' Re-Empower Program is designed specifically to help you bring your knowledge, experience and creativity back to the workforce. We see your potential and want to help you to continue your professional journey.
To qualify for the Re-Empower Program, candidates should:
- Be on a voluntary career break of two or more years
- Have more than five years of professional work experience
- Have an interest in returning to a full-time position
- Have strong problem-solving and analytical skills
- For engineering roles, an engineering-related degree is required.
Find out how to apply for one of the many positions United Technologies has across the country. Along with a behind-the-scenes look at some of the many products United Technologiesis responsible for, the United Technologies team will leave time to answer questions about their culture, the workload and a full introduction into United Technologies' new Re-Empower program.
- Dr. J. Michael McQuade - SVP, Science & Technology, United Technologies (United Technologies Re-Empower Program Executive Sponsor)
- Mary Lombardo - VP Innovation and Research, United Technologies Climate, Controls, and Security
- Bridget Sheriff, Executive Director, Engineering, United Technologies Aerospace
- Milena Berry - CEO, Co-founder & mom of four, PowerToFly (moderator)
This event is invite only; contact our team through the event registration page to request access.