Moderated by PowerToFly's Dionna Smith-Keels, Strategic Global Enterprise D&I Executive, our amazing panel of leaders included:
- Stew Friedman, Wharton professor, author of Parents Who Lead
- Andrew Burmon, Chief Content Officer at Fatherly
- Joe Gomez, Talent Acquisition Manager at Guru Technologies
Want to pivot into tech, but just don't know how? Join our webinar with Alicia Carr, self taught iOS developer and Director of the Atlanta chapter of Women Who Code, to find out!
(Register now and watch the training session anytime. You will receive a separate email in your inbox with a link to the seminar after you have completed your purchase. If you would like to access all of our on-demand webinars for free, sign-up for a PowerToFly VIP membership.)
During the webinar, Alicia will share how she taught herself how to code at age 50 and the tools she uses to stay motivated and overcome obstacles that ultimately lead her to be featured in a huge campaign by Apple.
She'll also give us a product demo of her domestic violence advocacy app, Pevo.
This seminar covers:
- Motivation & Perseverance
- Discipline as a Self Taught Developer
- Managing Self Doubt
- Turning Negatives Into Positives
Even the most experienced public speakers will tell you it's not easy. Pubic speaking takes a lot of confidence, preparation and practice. On this thirty-five minute seminar, we will share out tips to take your public speaking to the next level (and trust us, none of them are picturing the audience in their underwear).
(Register now and watch the training session anytime - Availability Runs through December 31, 2018! You will receive a separate email in your inbox with a link to the seminar after you have completed your purchase.)
VP of Product at RebelMouse Megan Berry will walk you through her journey of begining her public speaking career at meetup groups to eventually speaking in front of a full audience at SXSW. On this seminar, Megan will share some of her favorite tips such as how to embrace your nervous energy, why it's important to attend other public events and why you should always know your audience.
This seminar covers:
- How to harness your energy & embrace your nervousness
- Seizing writing & speaking opportunities
- The importance of research and preparation
- Knowing your audience & understanding brands
- Connecting with other women in tech who are interested in public speaking
- Tips to create a memorable presentation
- The role of social media in public speaking