PowerToFly partnered with Microsoft to present an invite-only evening of discussions and networking with Microsoft's women leaders in CSS and beyond. The August 9th event took place at The Big Chill in Charlotte, North Carolina and also included plenty of opportunities for our attendees mingle with both the Microsoft team and their peers over some delicious food and drink.
Here's a brief looking at the evening:
- After our attendees had a chance to network, PowerToFly's Chief Revenue Officer Caroline Turner kicked off the evening by introducing Microsoft Senior Director Rich Neal who formerly welcomed our guests, as well as Aileen Allkins, Microsoft's Corporate Vice President - Customer Service & Support, who recorded a video introduction.
- Dana Knipp, WW Capability and Capacity Leader for Azure at Microsoft, sat down for a illuminating fireside chat that touched on her personal career journey and life at Microsoft.
- The night then transitioned to an wide-ranging panel discussion featuring several of Microsoft's women leaders including Linda Harrell, Supportability PM; Kristin Thomas, Support Engineer Manager; Nikki Gregg, WW Support Leader Exchange & Outlook; Charlene Douglas, Senior Content Exp Manager; and Brooke Lowry, Global D&I Manager.
- Our panel also welcomed questions from our insightful audience.
- The evening concluded with more opportunities for attendees to network over food and drinks.
A full house at Charlotte's The Big Chill
Senior Director Rich Neal welcomes our attendees.
Dana Knipp, WW Capability and Capacity Leader at Microsoft, sits down for a one-on-one chat with PowerToFly's Caroline Turner.
Attendees enjoy a video about women in CSS.
Our panel featuring some of Microsoft's wonderful women leaders.
Our panel takes questions from the audience.
A great evening of learning and networking.
PowerToFly was thrilled to team up with Audible to present an exclusive event for women in tech on Wednesday July 20th. Held at Audible's gorgeous office in Newark, New Jersey a capacity crowd was treated to a series of presentations focusing on the current and upcoming technology behind Audible's popular products. Before and after the presentations, guests were able to network with their peers and the Audible team over delicious food and sparkling wine.
Some of the topics discussed in the evening included:
- Chrome Dev Tools
- Web App Security
- Resource Hints
- Serverless Computing
- Neha Koul | Software Development Engineer
- Oleksandra Usova | Software Development Engineer
- Jane Li | Software Development Engineer
- Garima Agarwal | Software Development Engineer
- Nancy Huang | Software Development Engineer
Follow Audible on PowerToFly for updates about more events and open roles.
An Audible ad greets you as you exit from the train station
The evening's agenda
The night's topics
Jamy Barton kicks off the evening by speaking about Audible's commitment to diversity
PowerToFly CoFounders Milena Berry and Katharine Zaleski
Ian Moraes introduces Audible's panel of women tech innovators
Audible's team took questions from the audience
Great food and drinks
Attendees had a chance to network with the Audible team as well as their peers