An exclusive interview with the award-winning global media company
Danielle Virgin, VP of Data Products, shares the company's approach to fostering more Diversity & Inclusion in the workplace.
Watch the interview to learn more and hear what other women in tech had to say about our recent event with Condé Nast.
Interested in joining their team? Check out Condé Nast on PowerToFly.
BlackRock, in partnership with PowerToFly, recently hosted an event at their Manhattan office for women in UX, data science, software engineering and related fields, featuring the impressive women who are driving innovation at the firm.
- Scott Wilkinson, BlackRock's Head of User Experience, Aladdin Product Group kicked off the evening and discussed how technology is at the heart of everything BlackRock does, and why the UX function is critical to the company's success.
- In a fireside chat, BlackRock's Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management Sarah Schaffer talked about how she's constantly been challenged in each of the seven roles she's held at BlackRock, and how she balances her professional and personal demands as a working mother.
- The fireside chat was followed by a panel discussion and audience Q&A, where Sarah was joined by fellow tech colleagues Traci Entel, Senior Technology Business Partner, COO Functions; Rachel Schutt, Data Science Core Lead, Aladdin Product Group and Sabrina Sullivan, User Experience Design Lead, Aladdin Product Group to discuss their journeys at BlackRock and what it's like to be a woman in tech.
The event took place at the Aladdin Product Group's recently remodeled office in midtown Manhattan
A packed house of women in tech
Scott Wilkinson, BlackRock's Head of User Experience, Aladdin Product Group welcomed our guests
BlackRock's Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management Sarah Schaffer participated in a fireside chat with PowerToFly CEO Milena Berry
A panel discussion on "data meets design with Traci Entel, Senior Technology Business Partner, COO Functions; Rachel Schutt, Data Science Core Lead, Aladdin Product Group; Sarah Schaffer, Deputy Head of Aladdin Product Management; and Sabrina Sullivan, User Experience Design Lead, Aladdin Product Group
An audience Q&A with BlackRock's female tech leaders
BlackRock swag for the attendees
All attendees received awesome BlackRock reusable water bottles
This is an invite-only event for women in cybersecurity. If you think this event would be a good fit for you, please email your resume to email@example.com to be reviewed for an invitation.
Please join NBCUniversal's 2nd Annual Women in Tech Talent Connect event – Drinks with Andrea Abell, NBCUniversal's Chief Information Security Officer. PowerToFly is proud to co-host this year's event with NBCUniversal's Operations & Technology Talent Acquisition Team.
At this year's Talent Connect event, you will have the opportunity to hear firsthand Andrea's thoughts on the current state of cybersecurity and how her team and NBCU are paving their way in this ever increasing world of cyber threats. After the program, you will also have time to network with other top women in your field, engage with NBCU women leaders in cyber security, and learn more about PowertoFly.
Agenda (Subject to Change)
- 7:00pm - Check-In & Networking over Food & Drinks
- 7:15pm - Event Kickoff
- 7:20pm - Keynote Address by Michael Bradshaw, EVP & CIO NBCUniversal
- 7:35pm - Fireside Chat featuring Andrea Abell, NBCUniversal's Chief Information Security Officer; moderated by Jill Cusick, Dir. Talent & Organizational Development
- 7:50pm- Panel Discussion & Audience Q&A
- Ingrid Jones, Senior Director, Identity Operations
- Jessica Opet, Director PMO
- Yasmine Abdillahi, Senior Director Risk Management and Information Assurance
- Marissa Johnson, Director, Business Information Security Officer
- 8:20pm - Closing Remarks
- 8:25pm - Raffle + Networking over Food & Drinks
If interested, NBCU is also hiring! NBCU is considered one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies, and proud to deliver content that entertains, informs and shapes our world. Some of their great benefits include a 401(k), an onsite gym, top-notch medical & dental coverage, sneak peaks to movie premieres, and annual passes to the Universal Theme Parks!
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and the company it is holding an event on behalf of cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.