TBT- How Webrings, Blinkies, & Cliques Shaped Female Coders of Today
Dec. 7, 2017
Think back to the early 2000's, when our biggest concerns were who was going to fill that last spot in our Myspace top 8, whether we wanted music to automatically play when someone clicked our profile page, and who was going to feed our "cybunny" when we had to do our homework.
Little did we know, all that time we spent perfecting our profile pages was time actually spent learning to code. We started with webrings and table based layouts, found our own domains (that didn't require using our parent's credit cards) and joined communities with other teenage girls like ourselves who were happy to make custom GIF's in turn for some coding advice.
were are pretty cool girls.
- Girls Who Code -- Join 40,000 Girls Who Code today! ›
- Girls Who Code - Home | Facebook ›
- Girls Who Code (@GirlsWhoCode) | Twitter ›
- Girls Who Code: Learn to Code and Change the World: Reshma ... ›
- Donate to Girls Who Code | Classy ›
- Why So Few? Women in Science, Technology, Engineering, and ... ›
- Women in STEM | BestColleges.com ›
- Women in STEM: A Gender Gap to Innovation ›
- Women in STEM fields - Wikipedia ›
- STEM Women – Supporting the Careers of Women Working in ... ›
- Study says multiple factors work together to drive women away from ... ›
- The 5 Biases Pushing Women Out of STEM ›
- 18 Tweets That Are Too Real For Women In STEM ›
- Programs meant to encourage women in STEM may be backfiring ... ›
- Women in STEM 2017 ›