This FinTech Engineer Values Diversity & Network Building at PowerToFly Events.
As you know, PowerToFly is a global community of people who advocate for more inclusion, diversity, and transparency in the workplace.
There are three reasons you've joined the platform:
- To find roles at major companies and startups fostering environments to retain women.
- To connect in-person with diversity and inclusion allies at exclusive events with industry leaders.
- To get access to our webinars, coaching videos and more.
We met Cynthia Tham, Head of Engineering at Identity Mind, at our recent event with Checkr in San Francisco. In this video, she highlights the power of diversity and shares the value of networking at our events.
If you're company looking to bring more diverse talent to your hiring process, or a candidate looking to elevate your career on a more diverse team, email us at Hi@PowerToFly.com.
By the way, Checkr is hiring.
- 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Flexible Paid Time Off- Meaningful Equity
- Daily Catered Lunch, Dinner, and Snacks
- Hands-On Coaching and Professional Development
- Public Transport Reimbursement
- Wellness & Gym Membership Reimbursement
- 12 weeks of paid Maternity & Paternity leave for new families
- And More!
- #Director #ProductManagement
- And more!
Follow Checkr on PowerToFly.
- Evening with Morgan Stanley's Cutting-Edge Technologists ... ›
- Come Network with the Women Tech Leaders at Fair - PowerToFly ... ›
- A Look at Our Event with American Express - PowerToFly Blog ›
- NYC Women Networking Event with BlackRock - PowerToFly Blog ›
Ah, the dreaded PIP.
Performance improvement plans (PIPs) can feel scary. They have a (not entirely unearned) reputation for being the first step on the road to an eventual firing. And sometimes managers do implement PIPs solely to appease HR by ensuring that they made every last effort to make a given employee successful before terminating that employee.
We recently chatted with Megan Hansen, VP of People at Smartsheet, who oversee the employee lifecycle from Talent Acquisition to Alumni support.
Get a behind-the-scenes look at the company's culture and values, and learn how you can make your application stand out!
To learn more about Smartsheet and their open roles, click here.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Preparing for the Unexpected: How Maria Fava Found Her Confidence as a Bicultural, Bilingual Woman at T. Rowe Price
Born in Mexico City and raised in Guadalajara, Maria Fava never would have predicted that she'd have a career in financial services. And certainly not in Maryland.
Over two decades ago, when Maria moved to the U.S. to study psychology at the University of Texas at Arlington, she'd planned on moving back to Mexico to study law after graduation. Instead, she fell in love with an unassuming Italian-American her senior year. She married him and moved to Maryland, his home state.
When the pandemic began in spring and her friends (and fellow Carnegie Mellon master's students) started to find out that their offers for summer internships were canceled, Mai Sha held her breath.