As vaccination numbers climb and some—though not all—of our collective paranoia begins to dissipate, businesses are starting to reopen. Employers face a key decision: how will they respond? Will they go back to the ways of life before COVID? Or will they adopt more permanently the flexibility and remote-first work necessitated by the pandemic?
As part of our Corporate Circles: Inclusive Conversation Series, join PowerToFly's Global Director of DEI Sienna Brown and Global DEI Strategist & Trainer Zara Chaudary on Friday, October 1st from 12pm to 1:30pm Eastern for an interactive roundtable as we discuss and share the tools and mindset needed to create the office of the future in a post-pandemic world.
Topics will include:
- The State of Reopening Plans: An Overview
- What employees are demanding of their employers.
- What we can learn from successful and unsuccessful approach by other companies,
- How to apply what we've learned about our businesses and our people to come up with the best plan for us.
- Collective Wisdom: Ways to Make Remote or Hybrid Work Work for You including Common Challenges and Solutions, Unique Hybrid Work Opportunities and 4-Step Action Plan for Embracing Hybrid Work
Part of our Corporate Circles: Inclusive Conversation Series
As we cautiously begin to ease out of the pandemic, now is the perfect time to address the kind of inequities that many of our teams face every day.
To kick off our Corporate Circles: Inclusive Conversation series of interactive virtual roundtables, I'm thrilled to welcome authors and nFormation founders Rha Goddess and Deepa Purushothaman to lead us through a conversation on how we can redefine power for women of color at work.
Want to add your voice to the conversation? You can RSVP here for free.
This session provides a safe space to engage in these difficult but meaningful questions and conversations around such topics as:
- Exploring the idea of power and what it means for WOC in this moment.
- Analyzing the indoctrination that exists in the structures around us, the messages we receive as WOC and discover how we give ourselves permission to rewrite these narratives
- Identifying how we can create more power in our roles, especially at work
Can't join us live on September 14th? Don't worry, if you RSVP for the event, we'll send you a recording the next day.
Many members of the LGBTQIA+ community have had a time in their career where they have not brought their full authentic self to the office out of fear of being alienated, even when, on the surface, the company is pro-LGBTQIA+. Bringing your authentic self to work only becomes more complicated as the very concept of the workplace continues to evolve.
On Wednesday, August 25th, PowerToFly is thrilled that Dr. Van Bailey will join us to take a virtual deep dive into exactly this topic: How can LGBTQIA+ employees embrace authenticity at work?
In this chat, part of our ongoing Pride All Year Long series, you'll learn:
- How to bring your true self to work and what to expect from it
- Tips on maintaining and embracing your identity in the workplace
- Strategies for self-care at work
- How can companies support and encourage their employees to show up authentically at work
As the inaugural director of two LGBTQ+ student centers, Dr. Van Bailey uses practical on-the-ground knowledge to inform strategies for organizational change. He has been noted for his work in higher education by being listed in Business Equality Magazine's 40 under 40 LGBTQ Leaders, Trans 100, and the National Black Justice Coalition's 100 to Watch LBGTQ/SGL Emerging Leaders. He was also the co-chair for the Consortium of Higher Education LGBT Resource Professionals, in which he assisted in the restructuring of the leadership board, mission, vision, and goals.
We have entered into a candidates' market. There has never been a time where employee retention and attraction have been more important to achieving positive business outcomes.
PowerToFly has partnered with 15five, a human-centered performance management platform, to present a free webinar where we'll share ways you can level up your employee retention strategy through actionable team learning opportunities, self-development outlets and an honest commitment to diversity, equity, wellness and inclusion.
Join Sienna Brown, PowerToFly's Senior Manager of Global DEI Strategy, and learn to:
- Identify employee recognition styles while considering cultural differences
- Define opportunities for skill development towards employees' goals and growth
- Create a sense of community and inclusion, especially for underrepresented people
- Build an inclusive feedback loop to course-correct and keep employees motivated