If you work in any of the fields listed below, your fortunes for the coming year may just be looking up.
If you're on the hunt for a new gig, or even dipping a toe in the proverbial waters, LinkedIn's 2017 U.S. Emerging Jobs Report gives interesting insight into popular opportunities in 2018's job market.
According to LinkedIn:
"New types of jobs means new potential for workers at all levels, especially for those looking to change careers. Overall, job growth in the next decade is expected to outstrip growth during the previous decade, creating 11.5 million jobs by 2026, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. Even further, it's estimated that 65% of children entering primary school today will ultimately hold jobs that don't yet exist.
To help find those up-and-coming roles and to better understand what skills are needed to succeed, we analyzed LinkedIn data from the last five years, as well as some survey data, to identify which jobs and skills are on the rise, what they're replacing, and what these trends indicate about the jobs market in the years to come."
The top 20 emerging jobs are as follows:
Don't despair if your chosen profession is nowhere to be found. PowerToFly's Chief Talent Officer, Rachel Valdez advises, "Women who are adaptable to learning new skills both soft and hard will be more resilient to intersect or pivot to the latest emerging jobs report if they don't find their profession on the list."
And if you are one of the lucky bunch called out for potential windfalls in 2018 and beyond, peruse some of our open opportunities with companies that care in those respective fields listed below. For even more open opportunities, head to our jobs page.
- Top 30 fastest-growing jobs by 2018 | Boston.com ›
- The 7 most in-demand tech jobs for 2018 — and how to hire for them ... ›
- 10 of the Most In-Demand Jobs for 2018 - TheJobNetwork ›
- 11 best jobs for 2017 offer high pay, good growth - CBS News ›
- Hottest Careers for College Graduates ›
- 11 of the Fastest-Growing Jobs in America | Salary.com ›
- These Will Be The Top Jobs In 2025 (And The Skills You'll Need To ... ›
- Hot Jobs in High Demand to 2018 | ToughNickel ›
- The best and worst jobs for 2018 ›
- 13 Top Tech Skills In High Demand For 2018 ›