Women Leaders at CB Insights on Finding Your Superpower at a Startup for Grownups
"A Startup for Grownups." That's the way CoFounder and CEO Anand Sanwal described CB Insights, a tech market intelligence platform, to a packed house of women in sales and customer success. Founded in 2010, CB Insights uses data to identify tomorrow's markets - today - and boasts a slew of Fortune 500 companies as clients along with accolades from organizations as varied as The New York Times and The National Science Foundation.
PowerToFly got together with some of CB Insights' women leaders on February 12th in New York City for an evening of networking, product demonstrations and an insightful (and funny) panel on what it's like to be a woman in sales and what CB Insights has in store for the future.
Follow CB Insights for more information on the company, including open jobs.
- Guests were invited to receive complimentary headshots photos as they waited for PowerToFly's CRO Caroline Turner to formally kickoff the evening.
- CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal revealed that he and his team fully embrace their data-obsessed nerdy side. Sanwal shared some of CB Insights' impressive stats, such as their over 375,000 subscribers, and explained that to succeed at CB Insights, team members must practice the four H's: be happy, helpful, humble and hungry.
- Lucy Huang, CB Insights' Senior Product Manager, provided a brief overview of the company's mission to help clients best predict market trends. Huang gave the example that a car company client may come to CB Insights to find out the real data on self-driving cars to best determine their (and competitors') next big move. Huang concluded her lively presentation with a demonstration of some of the CB Insights platform features that make her clients' lives easier, such as the ability to quickly create reports.
- Caroline Turner, PowerToFly's CRO, next moderated a panel featuring three of CB Insights female leaders: Lauren Dadigan, Director, Sales Development; Jessica Schneider, Customer Success Manager; and Deepashri Varadharajan, Senior Analyst & Writer (AI/Robotics).
- Dadigan discussed how her background as an athlete and a coach helped inform her success as a sales leader. She also shared how she has grown to take any failures in stride because they help her grow and lead her down paths she wouldn't otherwise have explored.
- Schneider spoke about first becoming interested in Customer Success through her job as a college counselor. She also spoke about how she works with clients to identify their "pain points" and help them achieve their goals.
- Varadharajan detailed her journey from documentary filmmaker to writing about AI and how both are rooted in investigation. One of Varadharajan's mentors challenged her to find her "superpower", and for Varadharajan that was discovering her own self-confidence.
- When the floor was opened up for audience questions, one attendee asked our three panelists what has changed at CB Insights since they each started. Dadigan, Scheider and Varadharajan all thought that the company has grown tremendously but they all agreed on the one thing that hasn't changed: "The Culture". For each of them, CB Insights isn't just a job, it's a place they could see having a lengthy career.
Senior Product Manager Lucy Huang delivered an energetic look at CB Insights' products.
Senior Product Manager Lucy Huang on how CB Insights builds products their clients love.
Deepashri Varadharajan, Jessica Schneider and Lauren Dadigan from CB Insights participated in a panel discussion and audience Q&A
CB Insights CEO Anand Sanwal on the characteristics he looks for in new team members.
When Danielle Satterfield attended a PowerToFly networking event with cloud-based observability platform New Relic last December, she wasn't actively looking for a job.
We're excited to announce applications are now open for Facebook's Return to Work program. We have positions open for 10 roles:
(With specific tips for remote teams!)
Join Diversity reboot 2020 virtually
COVID-19 has forced us to map the future of our workplaces at a dizzying new pace.
The Diversity Reboot 2020 Summit is a virtual gathering for professionals who want to share how we can all rebuild faster in partnership with diverse talent. Join us, along with thousands of diverse women and allies, to remake our world the way it ought to be.
Learn more here