An Evening with Zynga’s Women Leaders in Gaming
If you are a Toronto-based tech or gaming professional and you'd like to attend this event, please email email@example.com to be considered for an invite.
Attention Toronto-based gaming and tech professionals! PowerToFly is thrilled to be partnering with Zynga, a global leader in interactive entertainment, to present a one-night-only evening of networking and tech talks led by Zynga's women tech leaders.
This is your chance to meet the women behind franchises like CSR Racing™, Empires & Puzzles™, Merge Dragons!™, Words With Friends™ and Zynga Poker™. We have plenty of other fun surprises in store for the night so you won't want to miss it!
The event will be held on Wednesday, July 17th from 6:00pm to 8:00pm at 110 Spadina Ave, Suite # 900, Toronto. Although this programming is geared toward women's experiences, we welcome all genders at our events.
Agenda (Subject to Change)
- Check-In & Networking over Food & Refreshments
- Event Kickoff by PowerToFly
- Keynote Address by Martin Edelman, Senior Director, Toronto Development Services
- Tech Talk & Product Demo by Di Chang, Senior Director, Engineering; Whitney Mak, Engineering Manager and Jackie Fong, Sr User Experience Designer
- Panel Discussion + Audience Q&A featuring from Zynga
- Networking Continues over Food & Refreshments
Zynga actively cultivates a culture of diversity, creativity, and growth in the pursuit of their core mission: Connecting the World Through Games. Zynga offers competitive pay, industry leading perks and benefits, and an environment committed to success for all.
- 50% female representation on the Zynga Board of Directors
- Recognized by Comparably for Best CEO for Women and Best Company for Diversity
- Women at Zynga and zPride are our most active Employee Resource Groups
- Charter member of the California Pay Equity Pledge
- Signatory in Human Rights Campaign Business Statement for Transgender Equality
- Most teams can accommodate a flexible work schedule
- Champion of Gamers for Good - Zynga's Charitable Match Program
- zCares enables our employees to give back through volunteering opportunities
- Zynga is focused on building a stable and durable business
About our Events: All RSVP'd attendees are welcome, regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, or age. If you require accommodation to fully participate in this event, please email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will contact you to discuss your specific needs.
Unfortunately, PowerToFly and Zynga cannot admit outside recruiters to this particular event. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions about this policy.
A Conversation with Bounteous' Jen Spofford
Jen Spofford would tell you that she never had her sights set on becoming a partner at The Archer Group, an advertising agency acquired earlier this year by digital transformation agency Bounteous.
Her former boss would beg to differ.
A five-step framework for addressing systematic racism at work
The world has changed in the past few weeks.
We're watching corporations and organizations across the world come out in support of Black lives in droves. Many of those organizations are doing so for the first time in their history.
Farnaz Azmoodeh used to dislike running. She was really, truly, actively not interested.
But after suffering through it for a few months, it's now one of her favorite things to do. "I get so much joy out of it," says Farnaz. The same thing happened when she started making pottery: she says the first month was "terrible" as she struggled to shape the clay with no success but shares that she came to love the process of building after getting through an initial period of learning and adjusting.
What does BIPOC mean?
For our first entry in our now-monthly glossary of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) terms, we're going to cover BIPOC, a (relatively) new term in the space. We'll answer questions like "What does BIPOC stand for?", "Are Asians and Latinos BIPOC?", and "BIPOC vs POC — which should I use?"